The operatives of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, (NDLEA) nabbed two persons in Abuja with 1.1 kilogrammes of cocaine worth N264 million.
A statement made on Wednesday by the spokesman of the NDLEA, Femi Babafemi, read: “A trans-border trafficker, Emeka Okoro, and another drug dealer, Ibrahim Bello, have been arrested in Abuja by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), with cocaine weighing 1.1 kilogramme, which has a street value of N264 million.”
Babafemi said Okoro was intercepted with 900 grammes of cocaine in a commercial bus along Abuja-Gwagwalada road on Monday, April 26, 2023 based on intelligence, while Bello was nabbed with 200 grammes of the illicit drug in Zuba area of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), same day through a controlled delivery operation.
Speaking on the arrest, FCT Commander of the Agency, Mohammed Sokoto, said Okoro was an intending traveller to Libya through Kano and Agadez in Niger Republic, and had wraps of cocaine weighing 900 grammes, while the other seizure of 200 grammes was equally made following intelligence on April 26, 2023.
He said: “The wraps of cocaine were not to be swallowed as has always been the case, but to be concealed in Jerry cans of palm oil and transported through the border in Kano to Agadez and Libya. The suspect, Emeka Okoro, revealed that this has been the trend in the past months.”
Credit: News – Gistlover
- NDLEA arrests 10 alleged drug traffickers in Abuja
- NDLEA arrests 150 suspected drug traffickers in Ondo, blames rising cases of rape on narcotics
- NDLEA arrests 148 suspected drug peddlers and traffickers in Kaduna
- NDLEA nabs 169 drug suspects, seized illicit drug in Bayelsa
- NDLEA nabs suspected drug baron in Lagos after 10 years on the run
- Katsina NSCDC nabs 2 suspected Cannabis traffickers with 173 parcels
- We will get rid of drug traffickers in Kogi State – NDLEA boss
- NDLEA arrests 8 drug traffickers in Niger
- NDLEA To Track Drug Barons & Traffickers With Immigration Database
- Drug Trafficking: NDLEA Nabs 205 Suspects With 3,546kg of Illicit Drugs