Member of Parliament (MP) for Tamale South Constituency, Haruna Iddrisu says the National Democratic Congress(NDC) caucus will sue the police and the Greater Accra Director of Operations, ACP Kwasi Ofori for contempt of parliament.
This follows what he described as unlawful entering into Parliament on the night of 7th January, 2021.
“He [ACP Kwasi Ofori] probably will have to come and explain to Parliament what he and his men were doing in the Chamber and on the floor of Parliament at the material moment because that is also in contempt of Parliament. He has to be hauled before the privileges committee, he has to demonstrate he was invited into the chamber by the Marshall of Parliament”. He hinted in an interview monitored by MyNewsGh.com
Mr. Iddrisu further said “the armed military officers will have to explain how they got into the chamber of Parliament and why they should also not be hauled before privileges and for contempt of Parliament”.
“Our democracy came to a standstill because of that interference”, he pointed out while bemoaning the presence of armed military at the chamber in the wake of incidents that characterized the voting of the Speaker of Parliament.
On whether the police has invited them to answer questions on the demonstration of then minority to the Electoral Commission, Mr. Iddrisu said “no official communication has come that we should report to the police station.”
- Woman narrates how she was lured into marriage with voodooIn Local NewsJanuary 19, 2021A herb dealer, Rofiat Biliameen, has petitioned a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan to dissolve her two and a half-year-old marriage to estranged ...[Read more]
- Court dismisses NJC’s objection on Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia’s sackIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021A Federal High Court, Abuja on Tuesday dismissed the objection raised by the National Judicial Council (NJC) against the hearing of a suit instituted ...[Read more]
- Governor Buni speaks on consolidating success in education Yobe StateIn Education, NewsJanuary 19, 2021
- I’m A Good Actress- Vee RevealsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 19, 2021Big brother naija ex housemate, Vee has come out to declare her she is a good actress and she wants everyone to know about it.The reality TV star ...[Read more]
- Lionel Messi given two-match ban for red cardIn SportsJanuary 19, 2021Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has named the Blues’ squad to face Leicester City in today’s Premier League fixture. According to Football London, ...[Read more]
- Bayelsa Assembly deny impeachment plot against Diri over 38 billion FG refundIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021
- COVID-19: Kano State Orders Civil Servants To Stay At HomeIn Local NewsJanuary 19, 2021The Kano state government has ordered civil servants in the state to stay at home following the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the state. The ...[Read more]
- Device fresh approach to security, we are under siege – Northern elders to BuhariIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021
- Pfizer responds to Cuomo, says HHS approval needed to sell COVID vaccine to NYIn USAJanuary 19, 2021Pfizer says it would need federal approval to sell its coronavirus vaccine to New York, dashing Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s hopes of buying the shots ...[Read more]
- Justice Ita confirms expiration of tenure as Cross River State Acting Chief JudgeIn NewsJanuary 19, 2021The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali Pantami, has expressed satisfaction with significant progress in the ongoing NIN-SIM ...[Read more]