LeBron James became the oldest LA Lakers player to score 40 points in a game since Kobe Bryant’s farewell appearance in 2016 as the Lakers beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 115-108 on Monday night in the US.
The 36-year-old, playing on the eve of the first anniversary of Bryant’s death, finished on 46 points, a season high for James who many thought would have retired by now.
It was his second-highest total as a Laker and the most against Cleveland, LeBron’s first NBA team.
Adding to the 46 points scored, the legendary basketballer added eight rebounds, six assists, two steals and two blocks.
James, playing for the second time in Cleveland since he switched to the Lakers in 2018, scored 13 points in the final four minutes and 41 seconds.
LeBron’s points helped the Lakers claim a 10th win out of 10 on the road this season.
Anthony Davis had 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Lakers, while Montrezl Harrell scored 15 off the bench.
Elsewhere Stephen Curry scored a game-high 36 points as the Golden State Warriors thrashed the Minnesota Timberwolves 130-108, overshadowing Andrew Wiggins’ reunion with his former side.
As at press time, LeBron James is one of the trending topics on US Twitter. Congrats to him.
- Vanessa Bryant posts photo of Lakers’ Kobe Bryant tribute jerseys
- Charles Barkley snubs Kobe Bryant, LeBron James in top 5 NBA players list
- LeBron James calls 2023 ‘s—tiest year’ after Chadwick Boseman, Kobe Bryant deaths
- LeBron James, Rajon Rondo lead Lakers to Game 3 win over Rockets
- Anthony Davis, LeBron James lead Lakers to Game 4 win over Rockets
- Lakers and ‘pissed off’ LeBron James roll to Game 1 win
- Vanessa Bryant blasts Meek Mill over ‘disrespectful lyrics about Kobe Bryant’
- Vanessa Bryant files legal claim over Kobe Bryant helicopter crash photos
- This Is Disrespectful! Kobe Bryant’s Wife Calls Out Meek Mill For Lyric On Kobe
- Vanessa Bryant drags Meek Mill for disrespectful lyrics about her late husband, Kobe Bryant, and Meek responds with even more disrespect