The Deputy Majority Leader Afenyo Markin has asked Ghanaians to applaud the President of Ghana Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo for reducing the size of the government.
The President of Ghana has said that he intends to run the country with 85 Ministers as compared to 126 which he used in his first term as President.
This comes after most Ghanaians especially on social media criticized the President who claimed in his first term that he was coming to protect the public purse but run a large government size.
The President has since released a list of 46 nominees for Minister and Regional Minister-Designates who are pending vetting by the Appointments Committee.
But speaking in an interview, Afenyo Markin indicated that this is an indication that the NPP government is a listening government and needs plaudits for this move.
“I think the government ought to be commended for listening. Let us rather applaud the government for being bold to reduce the size of Ministries. That to me is laudable and ought to be applauded.”
On criticisms of creating a new Ministry called the Ministry of Public Enterprises, Afenyo Marking indicated that it’s necessary because the government will want to provide the public sector the needed support.
Source: MyNewsGh.com / Ayeh Offei-Akoto/2021
- Mona Gucci Eats Her Vomit Back – Says She Won’t Release Nana Ama Mcbrown’s SecretsIn EntertainmentFebruary 25, 2021To all those who are waiting for Mona Gucci to drop deep secrets of Nana Ama Mcbrown on Friday on Kantanka TV, she says you all should sit your a*ses ...[Read more]
- Arsenal vs Benfica: Game changer – Fabregas hails Saka after Europa League winIn SportsFebruary 25, 2021The Nigeria’s national under-17 male football team on Thursday, thrashed Bayern Munich Academy 5-1 in a friendly match at the River plate football ...[Read more]
- Elmina Sharks sack head coach Yaw AcheampongIn Ghana, SportsFebruary 25, 2021Ghana Premier League side, Elmina Sharks, have sacked head coach, Yaw Acheampong, and his backroom staff after Wednesday’s 2-0 defeat to Legon Cities ...[Read more]
- China celebrates official end of extreme poverty, lauds XiIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021BEIJING — The ruling Communist Party is celebrating the official end of extreme poverty in China with a propaganda campaign that praises President Xi ...[Read more]
- EPL: Man United offer West Ham three players in exchange for Declan RiceIn SportsFebruary 25, 2021Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry, is set to return to London after he resigned as manager of Major League Soccer (MLS) side, CF Montreal. Henry, 43, ...[Read more]
- Man survives 14 hours in open ocean by clinging to buoyIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021An eagle-eyed sailor who fell overboard in the South Pacific was narrowly saved, thanks to an abandoned buoy he spotted in the distance. Vidam ...[Read more]
- AOC rips NYPD’s new robotic dogIn USAFebruary 25, 2021Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez growled on Twitter on Thursday about the NYPD’s new robotic dog, which was tested on her home turf in the Bronx this week. ...[Read more]
- ‘Zoom fatigue’ is real and it’s ruining us, according to scienceIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021Time to unmute and unwind. There’s now scientific backing for “Zoom fatigue,” the term for the exhaustion that those working from home and ...[Read more]
- Scott Disick says he’s ready to marry Kourtney Kardashian and the latter gives him an ultimatum in preview for KUWTK (video)In NewsFebruary 25, 2021Though Scott Disick and Kourtney Kardashian haven’t been together for several years, Scott believes they will one day be together forever. In a ...[Read more]
- Lagos state government seals off supermarket for selling expired products (photos)In NewsFebruary 25, 2021The Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency (LASCOPA) on Thursday February 25, sealed off the Home Affairs Supermarket located at 21, Ijaye Road, ...[Read more]