The Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly on Thursday confirmed eight Commissioners and Special Adviser nominees forwarded to it by Governor Udom Emmanuel.
Recall that the House had on July 16, 2023, at plenary, received a letter from Governor Udom Emmanuel, requesting it to confirm eight persons for appointment as Commissioners and Special Advisers into the State Executive Council.
The eight confirmed persons were: Prof. Eno Ibanga, Hon. Frank Archibong, Prof. Augustine Umoh, Dr. (Ms) Ini Adiakpan, Mrs Enobong Mbobo, Barr. Ini Emembong Essien, Elder (Hon.) Amanam Nkanga and Dr. Imo Moffat.
Presenting the report, Chairman of the House Committee on Judiciary, Justice, Human Rights and Public Petitions Hon. Victor Ekwere, revealed that the credentials and other relevant documents of the nominees were carefully screened, and the nominees were discovered to be intelligent men and women of proven integrity.
Ekwere said the Committee never received negative report against the nominees adding that they have all met the constitutional requirements for appointment as Commissioners as outlined in Section 192 (4) and 106 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended.
He commended Governor Emmanuel for selecting men and women of proven integrity into the State Executive Council and advised that the careers, academic qualifications, experiences and specialisation of the nominees should be considered in assigning portfolios to the nominees.
Speaker of the House, Rt. Hon. Aniekan Bassey, in his remarks, directed the Clerk, Mrs Mandu Umoren to communicate the resolution of the House to the Governor for further action.
- Fayemi Swears In Eight New Commissioners, Seven Special Advisers
- Breaking: Governor Makinde Sacks Commissioners, Special Advisers In Oyo
- Imo Governor, Uzodinma Fires Special Advisers, Senior Special Assistants
- Coronavirus: Ogun Assembly summons Commissioners for Health, Special Duties over palliatives
- Gov. Matawalle swears in 15 new Special Advisers
- Gov. Okowa names two new special advisers
- Cross River State Appoints 190 New Aides, PAs, Special Advisers
- Lagos Assembly confirms three Sanwo-Olu’s nominees, rejects one
- Lagos Assembly confirms two more nominees for Audit Service Commission
- Assembly confirms two more nominees for commission