Operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps has intercepted a vehicle containing smuggled adulterated oil in the Itu community of Akwa Ibom State
Gistlover understands that the security agency nabbed two men with the seized 3,000 litres of suspected adulterated Automotive Gas Oil. It was gathered that the diesel was concealed in a truck laden with a yoghurt drink.
The state Commandant of NSCDC, Mr. Samuel Fadeyi, confirming the development said the suspects, who were coming from Ahoada, Rivers State were apprehended on Friday, April 23, by a patrol team on surveillance in Itu Local Government Area.
He said: “Like we have always done to update you on activities and indeed activities of some criminal elements among us, essentially to inform the public, and let them know the ills that some of these activities bring on us.
“Now look at this, this vehicle was intercepted by our men around Itu, and ordinarily it is conveying yoghurt, but it is used to conceal AGO, taken from an illegal refinery at Ahoada in Rivers State.
“They have succeeded to a point, deceived security operatives on the way until they got to Itu LGA, kudos to our men, they were able to get through their deceit and were able to discover that the yogurts were used to conceal illegal Diesel.
“Apart from the fact that it is illegal, which is dangerous, look at the yoghurt that is for consumption, it is already contaminated and will be exposed to the public for consumption.
“Two suspects were arrested on Friday concerning this and as you have seen, you have seen the AGO, you have seen how they concealed it, “Fadeyi noted.
Credit: News – Gistlover
- NSCDC arrests two suspects with over 3000 litres of illegal AGO in Akwa Ibom
- Navy hands over five oil thieves, vessel to EFCC in A’Ibom
- EFCC arrests suspected land scammers, internet fraudster in Akwa Ibom
- NAPTIP arrests four suspected child traffickers in Akwa Ibom
- Bayelsa Police arrests 2 suspected phone thieves, recover 23 mobile phones
- Oyo NSCDC arrests 8 suspected kidnappers in Iseyin [PHOTOS]
- Akwa Ibom coalition storms United Nations, demands Ibom Republic
- Trouble As Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Demands Ibom Republic (video)
- Appointment: Oil community laments marginalisation by Akwa Ibom govt, NDDC
- Oil Flow Qua: Tension in Akwa Ibom community as crisis rocking steel company deepens