Nigerian midfielder, Alex Iwobi scored his first league goal in 15 months late Tuesday January 12, as Everton secured a 2-1 away win over Wolverhampton in their Premier League clash at Molineux.
The Super Eagles star was on target in the sixth minute off an assist from Lucas Digne as he coolly finished Digne’s pass into the bottom corner to give Carlo Ancelotti’s side an early lead at the Molineux.
However, Wolves midfielder, Ruben Neves was on hand to restore parity for the hosts in the 14th minute.
Everton later got the maximum points on offer through Michael Keane’s 76th-minute goal to win the away tie 2-1.
Before finally scoring in Tuesday night’s clash, the last time Iwobi scored in the Premier League was in September 2019 and interestingly it was also against Wolves.
Everton are now in the fourth position on the EPL standings with 32 points from 17 games and they are just four points adrift of new table toppers, Manchester United.
- Court fixes Feb. 4 for suit seeking Dogara’s sackIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Zamfara State Police Command has confirmed the death of eight people in an attack by suspected armed bandits on Janbako community of Maradun ...[Read more]
- Cross River secuirty taskforce demolish houses of suspected kidnappersIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021An Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Okubo Aboye, 57, and his mechanic, Niyi Ibrahim Afolabi, 39, on Monday, bagged life imprisonment for ...[Read more]
- Vaccine skepticism hurts East European anti-virus effortsIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021BELGRADE, Serbia — Vaccines from the West, Russia or China? Or none at all? That dilemma faces nations in southeastern Europe, where coronavirus ...[Read more]
- How to get a free bag of marijuana with the COVID-19 vaccineIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021Get stuck and take a puff. Cannabis activist group DC Marijuana Justice plans to offer weed gift bags to those who get the COVID-19 vaccine in the ...[Read more]
- Zamfara police command neutralizes 8 suspected bandits in ZamfaraIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Ohanaeze: Concerned stakeholders move to restore investigate parallel groupIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Anambra school teachers protest resumption without studentsIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Amotekun must work with DSS, Police, Miyetti Allah – Alaafin of OyoIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Alaafin Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi on Sunday has said the Amotekun regional security outfit cannot be successful with working with the Department of ...[Read more]
- Nnamdi Kanu reacts to Aisha Yesufu, Savvi Rinu’s comments on Nigeria being worse than zooIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has thanked activists Aisha Yesufu and Bolatito Rinu Oduala, popularly known as Savvi ...[Read more]
- Adamu Aliyu takes over as Adamawa’s new CP, vows to eliminate Shila BoysIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has thanked activists Aisha Yesufu and Bolatito Rinu Oduala, popularly known as Savvi ...[Read more]