Nwanosike Onu, Awka
ANAMBRA State Governor Willie Obiano said on Wednesday that nine persons have died as a result of Coronavirus pandemic.
Already, he said 53 others have tested positive to the virus of the 230 results released from the 302 persons tested. Seventy-two other results are being expected.
The governor stated these during his state broadcast to the people to update on COVID-19.
.: Anambra billionaire oil magnate dies at 75
Obiano said: “Ndi Anambra, following our active search campaign across the state, we have collected 302 samples so far. Of this figure, 230 results have been released to us and 72 results are still pending with the NCDC testing centre.
“Of the 230 results that have been released to us, 53 results returned positive, 13 patients have been discharged, nine people have passed away and 31 cases are still active.”
Newzandar News The Nation Online Nigeria
- Anambra records nine COVID-19 deaths
- COVID-19: Sokoto records three deaths, nine new confirmed cases
- Obiano confirms nine COVID-19 deaths in Anambra
- COVID-19: Lagos records another nine deaths, conducts 27,616 sample tests
- Bauchi discharges nine COVID-19 patients, records two deaths
- As Ikpeazu tests positive for Covid-19, Anambra records 80 rape cases during lockdown
- COVID-19: Nigeria records 15,839 new positive cases, 317 deaths in 30 days
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Fans Want Them to Completely Change the Show