The All Progressives Congress, APC, on Sunday lambasted former President Olusegun Obasanjo over his latest attack on President Muhammadu Buhari.
Obasanjo had said Nigeria was fast becoming a failed and polarized state under Buhari’s administration.
However, APC’s Deputy spokesman, Yekini Nabena said Obasanjo lacked the qualities to criticize Buhari’s administration.
In a statement he signed, Nabena said Obasanjo and his former deputy, Atiku Abubakar, midwifed most of the rots in Nigeria today, hence can’t chart a course for Nigeria.
Nabena challenged the former president to explain how his administration spent $16 billion on power without providing electricity.
He also asked that Atiku Abubakar give an account of privatisations under him while he was Vice President.
According to Nabena: “It is baffling that the same political actors that midwifed and institutionalised the national rot, corruption, impunity and erosion of our value systems are the same characters posing as voices on the way forward in our national life. How ironic!
“Former President Olusegun Obasanjo could start with telling us where the electricity is despite $16 billion he spent on the power sector.
“Obasanjo’s deputy, Alh. Atiku Abubakar should account for the privatisation exercise under his watch which saw national assets sold off to friends and cronies with no benefit to the country.”
He also said the succeeding Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) administrations should account for the billions allegedly stolen under the “guise of a fraudulent fuel subsidy regime.”
Nabena added: “These political actors probably only listen to their own voices because Nigerians have long stopped taking them seriously
as they simply lack the antecedents and moral credentials to guide Nigeria and Nigerians to the path of prosperity and progress.
“Instead of the “do or die” lingo they introduced to our electioneering, votes are beginning to count as our elections improve steadily.”
- Regina Daniels Massive Weight Loss In New Photo Raises ConcernIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Fans of Actress Regina Daniels have expressed their concern about her massive weight loss after she had her first child about 5 months ago. In a new ...[Read more]
- “I Don’t Like Davido, I Love Him”- Omah Lay Publicly Declares His Love For DavidoIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Nigerian singer and songwriter Omah Lay has declared publicly that he loves Davido not only for what he does but who he is. He made this known during ...[Read more]
- Meet The Beautiful Sister Of Burna Boy Who Is Also SingerIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Burna Boy is one of the most popular and well-to-do musicians in the Nigerian entertainment industry, the musician is known for his music and ...[Read more]
- Upstate NY mayor charged with crack possession after police pursuitIn USADecember 2, 2020The mayor of a small upstate New York village was arrested Tuesday for allegedly possessing crack cocaine, cops said. Massena Mayor Tim Currier was ...[Read more]
- 15-month-old girl stabbed inside NYC apartmentIn USADecember 2, 2020A 15-month-old girl was left in critical condition after being stabbed in the stomach inside a Brooklyn home on Tuesday, law enforcement sources told ...[Read more]
- Man shot in buttocks during Hell’s Kitchen feudIn USADecember 2, 2020A man was shot in the buttocks during an argument in Hell’s Kitchen on Tuesday night, police said. The 52-year-old victim was wounded while in a ...[Read more]
- Fauci says Broadway could reopen by fall 2021In USADecember 2, 2020Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases doctor, says Broadway could possibly be shining its bright lights again by early next fall. ...[Read more]
- Sheriffs bust defiant NYC bar in COVID-19 hotspotIn USADecember 2, 2020City sheriffs on Tuesday night shut down a Staten Island bar that declared itself an “autonomous zone” and continued to serve indoor customers in ...[Read more]
- New Yorkers of all stripes blast MTA fare and toll hikesIn USADecember 2, 2020If there’s one thing New Yorkers can agree on in these divided times, it’s that they don’t want to pay more to get around the city. A bipartisan ...[Read more]
- Woman gets $325K settlement in 2018 NJ beach brawl bustIn USADecember 2, 2020A Philadelphia woman punched out by cops during a wild, 2018 caught-on-video beach brawl in New Jersey is getting the last laugh. Emily Weinman, ...[Read more]