The Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Buhari, Femi Adesina, has said that the appointments of security chiefs are not subject to federal character. He stated this while reacting to reports that the Buhari administration has repeatedly made such appointments without the inclusion of any man or woman of Igbo extraction.
Speaking in an interview with Channels TV, Adesina said while certain appointments are subject to Federal Character, security is not one of those.
“There are certain appointments that are subject to federal character, for instance, the constitution says that there must be a minister from each state of the country but there are certain appointments that are also not subject to federal character and one of them is in the security.
In security, they are not subject to Federal Character. It is about competence; it is about the ability to deliver.
So, the president will appoint whoever he feels is fit and proper and will deliver to the best level for the country and for Nigerians” he said
- Appointment of NASS CLERK: Group warns against nepotism, violation of Federal Character
- Federal Character Commission: Upholding federal character principle
- Security: Ex-service chiefs did very well and got rewarded as ambassadors – Femi Adesina
- Insecurity: Security chiefs don’t complain of weapons during meetings with Buhari – Femi Adesina
- Insecurity: Security Chiefs Don’t Complain About Weapons During Meetings With Buhari – Femi Adesina
- Appointments: Femi Adesina clears air on Buhari’s alleged hatred for Igbo
- Nepotism: PENCOM Appointments Cause Uproar In Senate After Buhari Announced Aisha Umar As Director-General
- The Fact That They Had To Leave Today Does Not Mean That They Have Failed – Femi Adesina Speaks On The Sack Of Service Chiefs
- AKINWUMI ADESINA: The inside story by Femi Adesina
- Service Chiefs: Buhari will do what is right at a given time – Femi Adesina