Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, AYCF, has claimed that the Arewa Community in Lagos State has been left out in the distribution of palliatives during the lockdown.
In a statement signed by Alhaji Yerima Shettima, National President, AYCF, the organization berated the Lagos State Government for neglecting its community in the state in the distribution of the lockdown palliatives.
The group informed the Lagos State Government that the palliative is a “right” not a gift and as such everyone, “regardless of which part of Nigeria they come from” is entitled to receive it.
The statement reads: “It has come to the notice of our organization that the Arewa community in Lagos state has been totally left out in the distribution of palliatives in the ongoing lockdown.
“We wish to, therefore, indicate our position as follows:
“1. We share pain and agony of the Arewa community for being neglected by the Lagos state government as if they not residents of the State. And we believe that this is totally unacceptable.
“2. We wish to remind the Lagos State Government that the palliative is not a gift but a right for all the people in the State, regardless of which part of Nigeria they came from. The Covid-19 is a global problem and anywhere there is lockdown the authorities come forward with food and other essentials for the people of the communities where pandemic is infecting and killing people. We are appalled that the Lagos State Government has neither offered the palliative to the Arewa community nor make any official announcement about its plans for the Arewa community.
“3. We wish to remind the Lagos State Government that it would be doing no special favor to the Area community by giving them what rightly belongs to them. All relevant laws are here to confirm the difference between pandemic palliatives and favors by a government.
“4. It is uncivilized, unthinkable and unacceptable for the Lagos State Government to abandon the Arewa community in this crucial hour of need. There now a pandemic and there’s the attendant lockdown for which no reasonable government will fold its arms and watch citizens in avoidable suffering.
“We, at the AYCF, say no to this open selective patronage in One Nigeria. A skewed process that takes the suffering of a section of its citizens as less important than that of other citizens stands condemnable by all Nigerian men and women of conscience.
“To be forewarned is to be forearmed,” the group concluded.
- Arewa Youth Forum blasts Governor Sanwo-Olu as they accuse him of neglecting their community in distribution of lockdown palliatives in Lagos
- Nigeria Governors Forum replies Wike after he called the forum a âbeggars forum’
- Arrest Of IPOB Leader, Kanu Will Teach My South-East Brothers A Lesson— President, Arewa Youth Forum
- Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, AYCF condemns the detention of Senator Ali Ndume over Maina
- Act now to prevent another civil war – Arewa Youth Forum tells Buhari
- Insecurity: Stop being cowards, challenge those in power – Shehu Sani blasts Arewa Forum
- ‘We don’t want another lockdown,’ Governor Sanwo-Olu warns Lagos residents about 2nd wave of COVID-19
- Governor Sanwo-Olu is yet to turn in the camcorder Fashola found at Lekki tollgate to #EndSARS panel – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa
- Omokri Blasts Nigerian Celebrities For Rooting For BBNaija & Neglecting To Fight The Government