A two-day peace summit organized by Coalition of Northern Groups aimed at discussing ways synergy between communities and government in the current security challenges in the region was on Monday in Kaduna disrupted by alleged armed thugs.
Newzandar News gathered that the meeting was about to begin when armed thugs invaded the Arewa House, venue of the programme after subduing the security guards at the gate.
The meeting included retired military officers, Retired Police officers, religious leaders, traditional rulers, various women, youth and trade associations in the region.
In a statement issued shortly after the disruption of the programme by CNG spokesman, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman, said, “We regret to announce that armed thugs numbering hundreds were unleashed on the Arewa House venue of the security summit hosted by the Coalition of Northern Groups on Monday, December 14.”
The spokesman said the armed thugs overturned the tables of the programme, shattered glasses, attacked the guests and officials, injuring several people and smashing vehicles parked in the premises.
“It is disturbing that a battalion of armed thugs can stroll free across the streets of central Kaduna wielding dangerous weapons without the intervention of the security. Security only arrived hours after the thugs had left,” the spokesman lamented.
He alleged that it is quite obvious now that some powerful forces are benefiting from the current security situation and would do everything for it to continue.
“We are now all the more committed to ensuring the safety and security of the North and its people,” he assured.
- Armed thugs disrupt security review meeting organized by Coalition of Northern Groups in Kaduna
- Southern Kaduna Crisis: CNG, Southern Kaduna stakeholders seek ways for peaceful coexistence
- EXCLUSIVE: Buhari-led Government To Pay Nigerian Students’ Leader, Asefon N40million To Mobilise Thugs, Disrupt June 12 Protests
- Thugs attack Onitsha traders, disrupt electoral proceeding
- Suspected APC thugs attack journalists, injure two, disrupt briefing
- Thugs disrupt Bauchi APC media parley
- Ten injured as suspected political thugs disrupt SDP meeting in Ondo
- Northern elders condemn disruption of peace summit by hoodlums in Kaduna
- Southern Kaduna: Pyrates knocks FG, El- Rufai, calls for peace summit
- Southern Kaduna killings: Peace summit suggests ways to end crisis