A farmer, Mr. Oluwole Agboola, who was last year abducted in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital has been found dead.
A family source confirmed the development to newsmen on Tuesday.
It was learnt that the death of the farmer is coming after the family had allegedly paid the sum of one million, six hundred and fifty thousand naira as ransom for the release of their kinsman.
DAILY POST recalls that Mr. Agooola was abducted in Ibadan, on Monday, December 28, 2020
Agboola was abducted inside his farm located at Abaodo area in Olukitibi village in Akinyele Local Government Area of the state by six armed men dressed in military camouflage.
It was gathered that the kidnappers had already collected the sum of N1.65 million as ransom from the family of the victim.
DAILY POST, however, gathered that the kidnappers went ahead to kill the victim after the family had paid the ransom.
A brother to the deceased, Mr Olakunle Agboola, confirmed the killing of the farmer on Tuesday.
He added that his brother was killed ten days after the abductors had collected the ransom from the family.
He said, “My brother, Wole Agboola, was killed after a huge ransom was paid and we later found his body inside the bush near Aba Odo yesterday at 6.0 clock, just a bit close to where he was abducted.”.
All efforts made by DAILY POST to get a reaction from Spokesman of the state Police command, Mr. Olugbenga Fadeyi proved abortive.
Calls put through his mobile phone were not successful while a message sent to him has not been replied as at the time of filing this report on Tuesday.
- Court fixes Feb. 4 for suit seeking Dogara’s sackIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Zamfara State Police Command has confirmed the death of eight people in an attack by suspected armed bandits on Janbako community of Maradun ...[Read more]
- Cross River secuirty taskforce demolish houses of suspected kidnappersIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021An Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Okubo Aboye, 57, and his mechanic, Niyi Ibrahim Afolabi, 39, on Monday, bagged life imprisonment for ...[Read more]
- Vaccine skepticism hurts East European anti-virus effortsIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021BELGRADE, Serbia — Vaccines from the West, Russia or China? Or none at all? That dilemma faces nations in southeastern Europe, where coronavirus ...[Read more]
- How to get a free bag of marijuana with the COVID-19 vaccineIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021Get stuck and take a puff. Cannabis activist group DC Marijuana Justice plans to offer weed gift bags to those who get the COVID-19 vaccine in the ...[Read more]
- Zamfara police command neutralizes 8 suspected bandits in ZamfaraIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Ohanaeze: Concerned stakeholders move to restore investigate parallel groupIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Anambra school teachers protest resumption without studentsIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Amotekun must work with DSS, Police, Miyetti Allah – Alaafin of OyoIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Alaafin Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi on Sunday has said the Amotekun regional security outfit cannot be successful with working with the Department of ...[Read more]
- Nnamdi Kanu reacts to Aisha Yesufu, Savvi Rinu’s comments on Nigeria being worse than zooIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has thanked activists Aisha Yesufu and Bolatito Rinu Oduala, popularly known as Savvi ...[Read more]
- Adamu Aliyu takes over as Adamawa’s new CP, vows to eliminate Shila BoysIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has thanked activists Aisha Yesufu and Bolatito Rinu Oduala, popularly known as Savvi ...[Read more]