Speaker of Parliament, Rt. Hon. Alban Sumana Kingsford Bagbin has been admonished not to do anything untoward to ruin his long-standing reputation earned both private and public after taking the reins of office as Speaker of Parliament in the 8th Parliament.
“You’ve been a Member of Parliament with outstanding reputation so you shouldn’t be bias or do anything untoward that has the tendency to destroy your hard won reputation acquired over the years”, New Patriotic Party (NPP) Member of Parliament (MP) for Kwadaso in the Ashanti Region, Dr. Kingsley Nyarko advised.
The first time lawmaker who spoke on Kumasi-based Oyerepa FM morning show monitored by MyNewsGh.com is of a strong view that, the immediate past National Democratic Congress (NDC) MP for Nadowli Kaleo will be circumspect in the interest of Mother Ghana.
“I believe that Bagbin will not kowtow to the whims and caprices of NDC. …Every Speaker should know and be guided by our standing orders. He will lose respect if he goes contrary to the standing orders”, the soft spoken legislator pointed out to host, Nana Yaw Mensah Joel during studio interview.
He also warned that any move by the Speaker of Parliament, Rt. Hon. Alban Sumana Kingsford Bagbin to make National Democratic Congress (NDC) the majority in this current 8th Parliament will be fiercely resisted by the members of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the august House.
According to Dr. Kingsley Nyarko, the party which forms the government is deemed to be majority in parliament not the other way round.
- Wontumi writes to Prempeh College, asks them to put his bad results in museum to motivate weak studentsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Chairman for the New Patriotic Party in the Ashanti Region, Benard Antwi Boasiako known in the political circles as Chairman Wontumi says he’s asked ...[Read more]
- There’s tension inside Akufo-Addo’s head over appointments – Gabby Otchere-Darko gives sneak peekIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko says there is uneasy in the head of the President of Ghana with appointments for his second term as President. According to ...[Read more]
- Child Harvesters were entrapped – Sammy Darko chides Ghanaians for condemning Anas’ method but hailing EOCOIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Lawyer Sammy Darko has chided Ghanaians for supporting the method used by EOCO and the Ghana Dental and Medical Council in arresting child ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: Start mass testing now -Okudzeto Ablakwa to govtIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Member of Parliament for North Tongu has called on the government to be more aggressive with the fight against the deadly COVID-19. According to him, ...[Read more]
- US: World leaders send message to Biden as he takes office from TrumpIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021Leaders from around the world have congratulated newly sworn-in US President, Joe Biden, and Vice President, Kamala Harris, expressing cautious ...[Read more]
- Atiku congratulates Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, lists expectationsIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021The Northern Elders Forum, NEF, has told herders in Ondo State to remain in their locations and reject any move to label them as criminals. Spokesman ...[Read more]
- Don’t leave Ondo forests – Northern elders to FulaniIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021The Northern Elders Forum, NEF, has told herders in Ondo State to remain in their locations and reject any move to label them as criminals. Spokesman ...[Read more]
- Watch moment Joe Biden called a Nigerian family to invite them to the White House (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 21, 2021A US-based Nigerian family known as the Oke’s from Ibadan, Oyo state were recently greeted by US President Joe Biden, who called them over phone for ...[Read more]
- Man dies in NYC house fireIn USAJanuary 21, 2021A man died in a Queens house fire on Wednesday night, police said. The victim, believed to be in his 50s, was declared dead on scene after flames ...[Read more]
- “Why strangers support your business more than people you know” – Actress, Didi Ekanem (Video)In Celebrity NewsJanuary 21, 2021Nigerian actress, Didi Ekanem has taken to social media to give detailed reasons why strangers support your business more than people you know. ...[Read more]