The monarch Emir Of Kajuru Alhassan Adamu was kidnapped by bandits numbering to 200 according to eyewitnesses in the wee hours of Sunday along with 13 of his family members, including two grandchildren, at his residence in Kajuru LGA of Kaduna state.
A ransom of N200 million ransom has been demanded for the release of the Emir of Kajuru. However, the Emir was released on Monday while other captives were held.
A member of the royal house in Kajuru has revealed that bandits who abducted Alhaji Alhassan Adamu, the emir, begged for forgiveness.
Speaking to DailyTrust, a source, who was among those who picked up the emir, said the bandits asked for forgiveness before handing over the monarch to his relatives and members of the emirate council.
The source said the bandits had called them through the emir’s phone number shortly after Asr (sunset prayer) and asked them to prepare to receive him.
He said on getting to the location, near gengere community, three of the bandits; heavily armed and in military uniform, apologized for abducting the emir and sought forgiveness from him.
“We couldn’t believe it. We stood there looking at them while they apologized, saying they had not felt at ease since they abducted him. They told us to go with him while negotiations for the other 13 people will continue tomorrow (Tuesday),” he said.
- Emir of Kajuru in Kadunna, 13 Others Abducted By Bandits in Kaduna
- Bandits Demand 200 Million To Release Emir Of Kajuru
- Ibrahim Zailani Speaks On Kajuru Emir’s Abduction
- Kajuru crisis: Adara people cry against continuous attacks, kidnapping
- Kajuru attack: Shehu Sani reacts as bandits kill villagers in Kaduna
- Bandits use machete, kill 7 in Kajuru
- Kaduna: Bandits kill four in Igabi, Kajuru communities
- Kaduna: Bandits kill 14 persons in Birnin Gwari, five in Kajuru LGAs
- Kaduna: Bandits repelled at Kikwari village in Kajuru
- Kaduna: Armed bandits injure two in Kajuru