Some students of Government Science College, Kagara, Niger State who regained freedom after being abducted by unknown gunmen, have shared their experience in captivity.
Recall that the gunmen had invaded the school on February 17, whisking staff and students into the forest after operating unchallenged for over two hours.
Some of the students narrated their experience after meeting with Governor Abubakar Sani Bello at government house in Minna on Saturday February 27.
Twenty-year-old Abubakar Sidi, an SS3 student, said they were punished based on their parents’ occupation. He told Daily Trust that those who were children of security operatives, were punished severely.
“We didn’t get food to eat till night the first day but they later fed us, and after feeding us they asked us about our parents’ occupation. ‘If you father is a policeman, come here.’ ‘If your father is a soldier, come here.’
“They beat us seriously but the beating was based on the occupation of our fathers. I wish I could die because the beating was too much. It was really tough in the forest.”
Mahmood Mohammed, another student, said he was delighted having the opportunity to reunite with his loved ones.
“I faced hell in captivity; it was not easy at all. I did not even know that I will come out again. I felt inside the bush and they didn’t take care of me… I am very happy because God has given me the opportunity to reunite with my loved ones.
“We are happy to see all the government officials who came out in their numbers to welcome us. This has shown to us the level of concern they have towards us while we were in the wilderness. My decision of going back to the school is in the hands of my parents.”
- BREAKING: Gunmen kidnap construction workers in OndoIn Local News, NewsApril 21, 2021Some friends and neighbours around the office and home apartment of the slain Bayelsa based young baker, Temple George, are pointing accusing fingers ...[Read more]
- Popular Comedian, Ada Jesus dies after clash with Anambra ProphetIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentApril 21, 2021Nigerian singer, Innocent Ujah Idibia, popularly known as “2baba” has called out the Nigerian Center For Disease Control, NCDC, for frustrating ...[Read more]
- Bayelsa: Family, friends, others raise alarm as assailants murder 30-years-old man in his apartmentIn Local NewsApril 21, 2021Some friends and neighbours around the office and home apartment of the slain Bayelsa based young baker, Temple George, are pointing accusing fingers ...[Read more]
- My 8-Year-Old Son Fingers Me And I Enjoy It – Single Mother ConfessesIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The mother whose identity was not revealed at the time of filing this report confessed to having amorous se.xual acts with her son due ...[Read more]
- Confusion over Rumored Death of Deby’s SonIn NewsApril 21, 2021Confusion arose in Chad Republic, following the claims that the son of Late President Idriss Deby, Mahamat Itno who succeeded his father on Tuesday ...[Read more]
- “Loyal Men Still Exist, They Are Just Busy Building Their Career” – Lady AffirmsIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021ADVERTISEMENT A Nigerian lady and Twitter influencer, known as Queen Preshii has shut down claims by some people especially women that loyal men are ...[Read more]
- Ubi Franklin Reacts as Babymama and Girlfriend Fight Dirty on Social MediaIn EntertainmentApril 21, 2021Music mogul Ubi Franklin has taken to his social media to react to the ongoing drama between his 4th baby mama, Sandra and his current girlfriend, ...[Read more]
- Comedienne, Ada Jesus dies days after celebrating birthday on sickbedIn Celebrity NewsApril 21, 2021Popular comedian, Ada Jesus is pronounced dead days after celebrating her birthday with well-wishers from a sickbed. The embattled screen dive who ...[Read more]
- Comedienne Ada Jesus dies after battling kidney diseaseIn Entertainment, GossipApril 21, 2021Nigerian comedienne, Mmesoma Mercy Obi popularly known as Ada Jesus, has died, according to multiple sources. She reportedly passed away on the ...[Read more]
- Relationship Expert Reveals ‘Staggering’ Amount of Money Spent while Getting a DivorceIn EntertainmentApril 21, 2021Relationship expert, Blessing Okoro has taken to her social media to reveal she spent over 7million to get a divorce while supporting controversial ...[Read more]