The Bauchi State Police Command has given an update on its investigation into a viral video in which a gang of boys were seen torturing some young women in their late teens and early twenties inside an uncompleted building. Read previous report HERE
Spokesman of the command, DSP Ahmed Mohammed Wakil, who confirmed the latest development in a statement in on Wednesday, February 17, said the unfortunate incident was a case of two girls fighting over boys.
Read full statement below:
UPDATE ON INVESTIGATION INTO THE CASE OF HARASSMENT AND TORTURE OF YOUNG LADIES IN VIRAL VIDEO
Recall that on 8th February 14, 2021 the Bauchi State Police Command has reacted to a viral multimedia clip (audio and video) of a torture scene in which some group of young ladies in their late teens and early twenties were being tortured by some gang of boys.
The Command has since vowed to get to the root of the matter and ensure that all erring culprits of the incidence are being brought to book in order to ensure deterrence of future occurrence.
We are pleased to update the general public that our investigation is yielding positively as we are gradually getting to the root of the matter, towards a desired end.
During the cause of our investigation, some of the girls involved in the incident have given various version of the same story all of which boils down to the fact that it was a case of two fighting over boys that degenerated to that unfortunate incidence.
Halima Musa had relied on her sisters/friends Faiza Isiaku, 20, and Hauwau Musa, 21, against their opponent Aisha, 19, of Anguwan Mahaukata, who allegedly relied on the perpetrators of the act identified as Lasa, Mai Laya and Bulbul for an upper hand.
The fight had reportedly started at Bakin Kura between Halima and her team of girls against Aisha after which Aisha escaped to regroup with the said boys, then she dared Halima to meet her at Kofar Dumi where the unfortunate incidence occurred after the girls were rounded up by the boys.
While Halima claimed they didn’t go there with weapons, Aisha claims they did and the boy who was at the center of the fracas was a certain Dusha, revealing that it was Lasa, Halima’s boyfriend who personally shaved her hair with a razor blade.
The girls have since expressed remorse over the matter and advised young ladies their age to desist from unnecessary malice.
Meanwhile, the Bauchi State Police Command will not pre-empt investigations yet, despite violating human rights and the dignity of the girl child, the Police will listen to the version of the suspects.
To that end, we have invited the suspects but they have refused to honor our invitation, as such, we are intensifying efforts to effect their arrest in order to hear their own side of the story and take necessary action.
While assuring that the general public will continue to be updated as the investigation unfolds, we would like to use this medium to reiterate the need for parents and guardian to maintain strict vigilance of the activities of their wards. It is partinent now more than ever that the whereabouts of wards and the company they keep are constantly kept in check by all those responsible.
Community leaders, elders and authoritative persons should also ensure to keep an eye on happenings within their environment and ensure the needed intervention before situations degenerate.
- VIDEO: Salinko Says That People Around Funny Face Do Not Advice HimIn EntertainmentFebruary 26, 2021Kumawood actor, Salinko, who was insulted by Funny Face for poke nosing into his affairs hasn’t given up on talking about him. According to Salinko ...[Read more]
- “See what you are missing” – Toke Makinwa shoots shot at DrakeIn Entertainment, GossipFebruary 26, 2021Nigerian On Air Personality and presenter, Toke Makinwa has summoned courage and shot her shot at Canadian-American rapper, Aubrey Drake Graham. The ...[Read more]
- Bandits Are The Criminals Hired To Sabotage Jonathan’s Govt, But Have Been Abandoned – MailafiaIn Boko Haram, Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsFebruary 26, 2021Former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Niger, Dr Obadiah Mailafia, has said during a recent interview that many of the bandits terrorising the ...[Read more]
- NYC Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza stepping downIn USAFebruary 26, 2021Polarizing Department of Education Chancellor Richard Carranza is abruptly stepping down effective March 15 after nearly three controversial years at ...[Read more]
- KOKOnista Of The Day: Inspirational Jourdan Dunn Is Helping To Raise Awareness Of Sickle-cell Disease And Diversity In The Modelling IndustryIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsFebruary 26, 2021Jourdan Dunn is a British model and actress who is leading the fight for diversity in the modelling industry. Jourdan Dunn was born ...[Read more]
- Man castrates self to control his s*xual desiresIn GossipFebruary 26, 2021To curb his insatiable appetite for female flesh, a man has cut off parts of his genitals in Benue State. Terhemen Anongo, popularly called Doc K or ...[Read more]
- Lady shares scary experience with her late mother after she passed onIn Viral NewsFebruary 26, 2021A lady identified as Blessing Unanka has taken to Facebook to share her encounter with her late mother after she passed on. Sharing the experience, ...[Read more]
- VIDEOS: Davido Flies From Atlanta To Los Angeles Just To Have LunchIn EntertainmentFebruary 26, 2021Money ain’t sh*t! Hungry Davido had to fly with his private jet from Atlanta to Los Angeles just to have lunch. Davido posted videos of himself with ...[Read more]
- Zamfara Abduction: Over 500 Students Were Kidnapped Not 300 – Teacher ConfirmsIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsFebruary 26, 2021One of the teachers at the Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, in Talata Mafara Local Government Area of Zamfara State, where it was reported ...[Read more]
- Panic as hoodlums set police station ablaze in ImoIn Local NewsFebruary 26, 2021Hoodlums have razed the Aboh-Mbaise Police Divisional Headquarters in Imo State. DAILY POST gathered that the gunmen attacked the station on Thursday ...[Read more]