Reno Omokri, a former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan has suggested a Nigerian who may have been responsible for the rearrest of Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.
Omokri suggested that Asari Dokubo, an ex-Niger Delta Militant may be the link to Kanu’s rearrest by the Nigerian government.
The former presidential aide recalled how Dokubo threatened to bring Kanu down, a few weeks ago.
In a tweet, Omokri wrote: “Exactly 2 weeks ago, Nnamdi Kanu quarrelled with Asari Dokubo and Asari promised to deal with him. He even swore on the Quran.
“Asari’s exact words on June 14 were “I will surely bring you down.”
“And now this. Is it a coincidence?
“Don’t make unnecessary enemies.”
Dokubo has been against the IPOB leader following a fallout between them.
Buhari in charge, Sunday Igboho next – Nigerians on Nnamdi Kanu’s rearrest
The fallout between the former Niger Delta warlord and Kanu was due to ideological differences on the agitation for Biafra.
Following their fallout, Dokubo had created the Biafra Customary Government (BCG).
Dokubo had vowed to destroy Kanu, while describing him as a thief using the agitation for Biafra as a business.
“Nnamdi Kanu, I’m not in your category but for this, I will surely bring you down. I will destroy this evil empire that is working as a hindrance to the restoration of Biafra,” Dokubo had threatened.
- Biafra: 10 more Nnamdi Kanus will arise – Omokri dares Buhari
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanus should rethink, Special offer await you – Orji Kalu
- Nnamdi Kanu reacts as Asari Dokubo declares Biafra ”only solution” [VIDEO]
- Biafra: Why Asari Dokubo is attacking me – Nnamdi Kanu
- Biafra: Asari Dokubo blasts Nnamdi Kanu [Video]
- Biafra: I have been detention 76times and still I’ve not given up – Asari Dokubo blasts Nnamdi Kanu (Video)
- “With Nnamdi Kanu, There’s No Hope For Biafra” – Asari Dokubo Decrees
- Biafra Struggle: How Nnamdi Kanu, Asari Dokubo Fell Out
- Biafra: Asari Dokubo blasts Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB see what he said
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu, Asari Dokubo, Uwazuruike told to abandon struggle