Popular Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, has lambasted those agitating for Biafra and Oduduwa Republic.
Gumi said only useless youths are calling for the disintegration of Nigeria.
Speaking with BBC Pidgin, Gumi insisted that most citizens want to remain as Nigerians, hence those agitating for break up should be ignored.
The Kaduna-based cleric likened those agitating for Biafra, Oduduwa Republic and Arewa Boko Haram.
Gumi said: “Who is coming to divide us? Let me give example, General Murtala Mohammed, the man from Kano, the head of state that was assassinated by Dimka, his wife is a Yoruba woman. So where do you want his children to go? If the nation is divided?
“Are they going to be with the Yorubas or are they going to be with Hausas in the north?
“Look, let’s forget these Useless youths. These people agitating for Oduduwa and Biafra or Arewa or this Boko Haram, they are the same group of people.”
“Majority of Nigerians want to stay in Nigeria, if they are in doubt, let’s make a referendum.”
Oduduwa Republic: Don’t drag Yoruba into war – Bamgbose warns agitators
- Those Calling For Nigeria’s Break-up Are Same With Boko Haram – Gumi
- Nigerias Reacts As Residents Of Ikota Lagos Hold Prayers Over Faulty Transformer (Video)
- Nigerias Reacts As Governor Ganduje Reveals When He Will Sign Death Warrant Of Singer Who Insulted Prophet Mohammed
- Biafra, Oduduwa Republics: Nigeria can’t break up, I have nowhere to go – Tinubu
- Biafra, Oduduwa: Hypocrite, Nigeria must break up – Pastor Giwa replies T.B Joshua
- Oduduwa Republic: Those calling for secession of south-west are doing so out of frustration – Governor Fayemi
- Those calling for my arrest are clowns – Sheikh Gumi
- Boko Haram Are Behind Abduction Of Greenfield University Students, Not Bandits – Sheikh Gumi (VIDEO)
- Boko Haram kidnapped the Greenfield varsity students, not bandits – Sheikh Gumi (Video)
- Boko Haram Has been Trying to Buy Kidnapped Students from Bandits — Gumi