Governor Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa State, the home state of the late former Inspector General of Police (IGP) Gambo Jimeta, has expressed grief over his death, saying the deceased was one of the finest of police officers.
“Gambo exemplified the best of law enforcement in our country. He was a trusted officer who showed his commitment to Nigeria especially the role he played in many significant investigations,” Fintiri said in a statement issued on Friday morning by his Press Secretary, Humwashi Wonosikou.
Adamawa people went to bed on Thursday with the news that one of their own prominent son, Gambo Jimeta, whose birth place was Jimeta, the heart of the state capital, Yola, had died at the age of 84.
“I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of this great cop whose carrier saw him rise to prominence, becoming Inspector General of Police,” Fintiri said in the statement from Government House, Yola.
Fintiri said Adamawa would remain proud of its illustrious son who made impact in the Nigeria Police where he rose to the peak as IGP between 1986 and 1990.
“Gambo Jimeta served with honour and dignity and was an integral part of many crucial investigations in Nigeria’s history,” Fintiri said, adding that the deceased would be remembered as one who truly cared about people and those under him and worked tirelessly to keep Nigeria safe.
“Gambo was a great man who contributed so much to Adamawa State and the law enforcement community in Nigeria. My thoughts and prayers are with the family. I join family, friends and associates in commemorating his life and his service to Nigeria,” Fintiri said.
- “Waiting to have money before marrying is a flimsy excuse” – Laura Ikeji tells men (Video)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 25, 2021Serial entrepreneur, Laura Ikeji has advised Nigerian men to go ahead and marry when they find a woman they love even if they are broke. She made ...[Read more]
- House poised to vote on legal safeguards for LGBTQ peopleIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021WASHINGTON — The Democratic-led House is poised to pass a bill that would enshrine LGBTQ protections in the nation’s labor and civil rights laws, a ...[Read more]
- Mona Gucci Eats Her Vomit Back – Says She Won’t Release Nana Ama Mcbrown’s SecretsIn EntertainmentFebruary 25, 2021To all those who are waiting for Mona Gucci to drop deep secrets of Nana Ama Mcbrown on Friday on Kantanka TV, she says you all should sit your a*ses ...[Read more]
- My dad used to work at a fast-food restaurant in US before he became wealthy – Davido reveals (Video)In NewsFebruary 25, 2021Nigerian singer, Davido has revealed his billionaire father, Adedeji Adeleke, worked as a manager at Burger King, a fast-food restaurant in the US ...[Read more]
- NY AG Letitia James mulling independent probe of Gov. Cuomo over sex harass claimIn USAFebruary 25, 2021New York Attorney General Letitia James is mulling a request to launch an independent probe of sexual harassment claims leveled against Gov. Andrew ...[Read more]
- Arsenal vs Benfica: Game changer – Fabregas hails Saka after Europa League winIn SportsFebruary 25, 2021The Nigeria’s national under-17 male football team on Thursday, thrashed Bayern Munich Academy 5-1 in a friendly match at the River plate football ...[Read more]
- LAUTECH reacts after a sex tape of ‘one of its lecturers’ leaks onlineIn NewsFebruary 25, 2021The Management of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology LAUTECH, have reacted to the viral video of a man said to be a lecturer of the ...[Read more]
- Italy’s Lombardy again in virus crisis as Brescia sees surgeIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021ROME — Italy’s northern Lombardy region, where Europe’s coronavirus outbreak erupted last year, asked the national government Thursday for more ...[Read more]
- Elmina Sharks sack head coach Yaw AcheampongIn Ghana, SportsFebruary 25, 2021Ghana Premier League side, Elmina Sharks, have sacked head coach, Yaw Acheampong, and his backroom staff after Wednesday’s 2-0 defeat to Legon Cities ...[Read more]
- China celebrates official end of extreme poverty, lauds XiIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021BEIJING — The ruling Communist Party is celebrating the official end of extreme poverty in China with a propaganda campaign that praises President Xi ...[Read more]