Petitioners who had served the President with a petition demanding the removal of the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission of Ghana (EC) have notified the police of their intention to picket the Presidency, the EC Headquarters, and the Supreme Court following the apparent refusal of the President to forward the petition to the Chief Justice for necessary action.
In a notification signed by Elikem Kotoko and addressed to the Greater Accra Regional Police Commander, the petitioners stated that the picketing will start on the 24th of February, 2021, and will be done from Wednesday to Friday every week, until the President acts on the petition by forwarding it to the appropriate quarters.
“The planned picketing is to draw attention to President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s refusal to act on our Article 146 Petition demanding for the removal of Mrs Jean Adukwei Mensa from office as Chairperson of the Electoral Commission. The President upon receipt of an Article 146 petition is expected to act as a CONVEYOR BELT by immediately referring same to the Chief Justice for further ACTION,” the letter said.
Several weeks ago, Mr Kotoko had sent the President a petition for the removal of Mrs Mensa on “stated misbehaviour.”
He had said that,”the current leadership under the Chairmanship of Mrs Jean Adukwei Mensa, knowingly created Constitutional crises by their actions and inactions in the lead up to the 2020 Presidential Elections as they ignored caution and advise from various stakeholders of the adverse outcomes and implications of their actions and acts of omission.”
Nothing has been heard from the presidency regarding the matter ever since the petition was sent to it.
- I won’t take COVID-19 vaccine, I’d rather miss Olympics – BlakeIn SportsMarch 1, 2021Arsenal boss, Mikel Arteta, has warned forward, Gabriel Martinelli, that he needs to keep working hard to get back to his best following his side’s ...[Read more]
- Nine dead, 41 injured in Kano auto crashIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021Goods worth millions of naira have been destroyed by a fire which razes a section of the Oregbeni market, close to the national headquarter of the ...[Read more]
- 400k monthly salary cannot give you a soft life in Lagos – Nigerian Lady.In Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Yesterday, a sensation ran wild online regarding finances as a Nigerian Lady who sells wares online with the Twitter handle @CO_chiamaka said that ...[Read more]
- I am still unemployed – Viral ex-corp member gives update on his life years after NYSCIn GossipMarch 1, 2021A Nigerian man who went viral some years ago after a photo of him shouting committedly during parade at the NYSC orientation camp surfaced online, ...[Read more]
- If your own taped corruption didn’t destroy the judiciary, what will criticism do?- lawyer asks Judicial ServiceIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Lawyer and advocate for legal education reforms in Ghana, Mawuse Oliver Barker-Vormawor has asserted that criticising the courts and holding it to ...[Read more]
- New Mum, Adesua Etomi Shares Photos Documenting Her Pregnancy, Childbirth and MotherhoodIn EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021Adesua Etomi-Wellington has shared photos documenting different stages of her pregnancy and the back story for each photo. The new mum also shared ...[Read more]
- Shatta Wale threatens to beat music producer for exposing him for not paying for his servicesIn Entertainment, Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Dancehall artiste Shatta Wale has threatened to beat music producer MOG for exposing him. MOG on Sunday in series of tweets exposed Shatta Wale for ...[Read more]
- Being a celebrity doesn’t prevent me from doing my matrimonial duties at home – Diana HamiltonIn Entertainment, GhanaMarch 1, 2021‘Adom (Grace)’ hitmaker and powerful vocalist, Diana Hamilton has revealed that despite the busy schedules that come with her celebrity status, she ...[Read more]
- “I miss my daughter” – Actress, Ada Ameh weeps over loss of only childIn Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Nollywood actress, Ada Ameh continues to grief over the death of her only child, Aladi Gift, who died in October 2020 after battling a prolonged ...[Read more]
- It’s unnecessary to cane children – Diana Hamilton fumesIn Entertainment, GhanaMarch 1, 2021Award-winning Ghanaian gospel music icon, Diana Hamilton has disclosed on Kastle FM in an interview with Amansan Krakye monitored by MyNewsGh.com ...[Read more]