US House of Representatives Speaker, Nancy Pelosi has taken further step in her rapid move to impeach President Donald Trump.
In a sign that the Democrats are moving quickly to impeach the embattled President, the Speaker on Tuesday, announced the names of the lawmakers who will serve as impeachment managers, according to CNN.
The lawmakers are tasked with presenting a case to the Senate during an impeachment trial.
Rep. Raskin, will head the team and the others are Colorado lawmaker, Diana DeGette, David Cicilline of Rhode Island, Eric Swalwell of California, Joaquin Castro of Texas, Ted Lieu of California, Stacey Plaskett of the US Virgin Islands, Joe Neguse of Colorado and Madeleine Dean of Pennsylvania..
This is coming after US Vice President, Mike Pence, had in letter warned Pelosi against the move to impeach President Donald Trump, saying, ” I do not believe that such a course of action is in the best interest of our nation or consistent with our Constitution.”
The Vice President warned that the move will do more harm than good to American people but Pelosi has insisted that Democrats lawmakers must “take action.”
Pelosi, on Monday said that as a “next step,” House Democrats “will move forward with bringing impeachment legislation to the Floor.”
- Man in court over alleged manslaughter in LagosIn Local NewsJanuary 25, 2021A total of 176 persons have died in various road crashes that occurred across Ogun State between January and December 2020, DAILY POST learnt. The ...[Read more]
- Mzbel’s Beljam Records Introduces Signee Heartman With First Single Titled ‘For You’In Entertainment, MzbelJanuary 25, 2021On Friday, BelJam Records’ CEO Belinda Nana Ekua Amoah (Mzbel) outdoors her new signee Heartman Lali Ezuh (HeartMan) at an unveiling meeting with the ...[Read more]
- Zamfara : 8,000 civil servants petition NLC over pension refundIn NewsJanuary 25, 2021Nigerian Government through the National Information Technology Development Agency, NITDA, has reminded all data controllers and processors in the ...[Read more]
- Simi Explains Why She Named Her Album “Restless II” While On Apple MusicIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 25, 2021First-time mum singer and songwriter Simi was on Apple Music 1 over the weekend with Alexis Nadeska as she discusses her latest album “Restless II”. ...[Read more]
- Mind Your Business – Sonia, Jude Ighalo’s Wife Slams Fan Who Asked About Her MarriageIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 25, 2021Sonia Ighalo wife of football star Jude Ighalo wants everyone to mind their business and stay out of any conversations involving her marriage. The ...[Read more]
- Woman cries out in pain as cows destroy her farmland (Video)In Gossip, Viral NewsJanuary 25, 2021A video has surfaced online showing the moment a woman arrived at her farmland only to see cows eating and destroying her crops. A bike man had ...[Read more]
- Man curses Governor Makinde as he shares video from scene of an alleged Fulani herdsmen attack he survived with his family (video)In NewsJanuary 25, 2021A Nigerian man who identified himself as Olarewanju a.k.a St. Larry has shared a video from the scene of an alleged Fulani herdsmen attack he ...[Read more]
- “I am so proud of this achievement” – 36-year-old Bauchi carpenter becomes father of 13 children as his four wives give birth within 3 weeksIn NewsJanuary 25, 2021A 36-year-old carpenter from Zango ward, Bauchi State, Nura Walwala Magaji, is over the moon after his four wives gave birth within three weeks, ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Angel Obinim Advices Christians To Make Money And Chill Because Jesus Christ May Not Return To EarthIn EntertainmentJanuary 25, 2021The only angel on earth who was arrested by the Police and couldn’t vanish is back with yet another ridiculous advice to Christians. According to ...[Read more]
- Nigerian govt fixes 15 March for deadline of annual data audit reportIn NewsJanuary 25, 2021Nigerian Government through the National Information Technology Development Agency, NITDA, has reminded all data controllers and processors in the ...[Read more]