Member of Parliament for the Sekondi Constituency in the Western Region of Ghana Andrew Egyapa Mercer has asked members of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) to seek accountability from the leadership of their party.
According to him, for a party to order them to hit the streets and jubilate because they have won the elections and go to court without evidence to ask for a rerun because no one won the election is a reason enough for members of the party to seek for clarifications from the party.
He made this known when he spoke in an interview on Accra-based Asempa FM.
The Member of Parliament for the Sekondi Constituency noted that currently, the NDC has changed its narrative since their case which does not hold water has exposed them and are trying to convince their members who are angered by the lack of evidence with the fact that the Supreme Court is not being fair.
“Ghanaians have seen the NDC and have realized they do not have a case. They’ve gone to court without evidence for the court to rule in their favour. The petition is coming to a close and they want to change the narrative and paint the court black. Right from the beginning, you went to court with a petition full of errors, the court granted you the liberty to amend, right from the beginning the respondents asked the court to throw your shambolic case away but the court allowed for a fair hearing.
So the NDC lawyers think they are the only people who know the law in the country. Let’s speak the truth because Ghana is for all of us. If the NDC has a better case in court, this is not what we will be seeing. I’ve had conversation with NDC members and they are angry with their leadership for lying to them that they won the election and caused them to hit the streets to cause all forms of commotion. Now when it got to the time that we have to go to court, the leadership said no one won the election.
NDC members are shocked and are asking why their party leaders are deceiving them when they know that they don’t have any case in court. Because they realized that their application won’t go anywhere, they have changed the narrative. Now this Supreme Court is not been fair. I will plead with the members of the NDC to open their eyes and see the lie been thrown to them by their party’s leadership,” he said on Asempa FM.
Source: MyNewsGh.com/ 2021
- NYPD, DOT slam proposal to shift authority over crash investigationsIn USAFebruary 24, 2021City council members want to yank crash investigations from the NYPD and put them under the authority of the Department of Transportation — but both ...[Read more]
- Two more mass COVID-19 vaccination sites open in NYCIn USAFebruary 24, 2021Two more mass COVID-19 vaccination sites opened in New York City Wednesday — promising to deliver more doses than any other in the Big Apple. The ...[Read more]
- Sweet’N Low magnate Donald Tober left wife $30M fortune, will showsIn USAFebruary 24, 2021Sweet’N Low magnate Donald Tober, who committed suicide in Manhattan last month, left his wife a $30 million fortune, new court paper show. The ...[Read more]
- ‘Go somewhere else’: Florida officials crack down on spring break amid COVID pandemicIn LifestyleFebruary 24, 2021Florida officials are cracking down on spring-breakers hoping to flee to the state’s beaches amid the pandemic. New restrictions ...[Read more]
- Ayisha Modi – The Barking B*tch Capable Of Fighting With Her Own ShadowIn EntertainmentFebruary 24, 2021By the close of this year, barking b*tch, Ayisha Modi is likely to fight everyone in the entertainment industry. She is even likely to fight with ...[Read more]
- “If Bobrisky Is Beautiful, Let Her Come Out Without Makeup” – Nigerian Transgender, Michelle Page Challenges Bobrisky To A Beauty ContestIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 24, 2021Nigerian transgender, Michelle Page has released a video daring Bobrisky to come out without makeup and filter. Michelle said in a video released to ...[Read more]
- Philadelphia airport offers robot food delivery to travelersIn LifestyleFebruary 24, 2021The future is now – at least at the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). On Monday, the airport launched a robotic food delivery ...[Read more]
- VIDEOS: Kwadwo Safo Jnr’s 35th Car-themed Birthday Cake Is Just Like One Of Their Needless Sophisticated CarsIn EntertainmentFebruary 24, 2021The Chief Executive Officer of Kantanka Automobile, Kwadwo Safo Jnr is celebrating his 35th birthday today, February 24, 2021, and to our shock, his ...[Read more]
- Europa League: Mourinho hails Dele Alli’s performance in Tottenham’s victory against WolfsbergIn SportsFebruary 24, 2021Manchester United head coach, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has suggested that the club are still interested in signing Borussia Dortmund striker, Erling ...[Read more]
- UN says boat with Rohingya refugees adrift without food, waterIn LifestyleFebruary 24, 2021DHAKA, Bangladesh — A group of Rohingya refugees is adrift in a boat in the Andaman Sea without food or water, the United Nations said Wednesday, as ...[Read more]