The Bauchi State Sector Command of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), on Thursday, revealed the identities of some of the victims of last Sunday’s fatal accident in which 20 people were burnt beyond recognition at Tirwun in the outskirt of Bauchi.
The FRSC Sector Commander, Yusuf Abdullahi, while revealing the identities as contained in the passengers’ manifest of one of the vehicles, further informed that the death toll of the accident had increased to 21.
According to him, one of the two survivors of the accident died while receiving treatment at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital (ATBUTH), Bauchi, where the survivors, both female, were taken for treatment.
DAILY POST had last Sunday reported the accident involving an 18-seater Toyota bus and a Volkswagen Gulf car, travelling on opposite direction which had a head on collision and burst into flames, leading to 20 passengers burnt beyond recognition.
The Toyota bus, belonging to Borno Express Mass Transit, with 18 passengers on board was said to be coming from Jos, while Vokswagen Gulf was coming from Misau heading towards Bauchi.
The Gulf car, it was learnt, had four passengers onboard as of the time of the accident.
The Bauchi State Police Command’s Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) DSP Ahmed Mohammed Wakil, who confirmed the incident in a telephone interview with DAILY POST, said that only two females survived with varying degrees of injuries out of the 22 passengers in the two vehicles.
According to the FRSC Sector Commander, the remaining survivor of the accident was still on admission at the ATBUTH though unconscious.
Abdullahi stated that according to the passengers’ manifest of the Borno Express bus, with registration number: BO-89-A-28, six of its passengers were males, while seven females.
He informed that the destination of five of the passengers was Damaturu, while six were heading to Maiduguri.
He listed the passengers as contained on the manifest as: Okoh Moses; Ishaq Hamza; Success Dan Yerima; Babangida Hassan; Palmala Gaji and Kolo Kyari.
Others are Fatima Mele Maryam; Christiana Pam; Glory Zaka and Yusuf Nadabo, while the driver’s name is Ado.
The sector commander, however, called on relatives of the deceased to come forward to the Bauchi State Sector Command and claim their properties.
- Akufo-Addo deserves serious praises for listening to calls to cut size of gov’t – Afenyo MarkinIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 24, 2021The Deputy Majority Leader Afenyo Markin has asked Ghanaians to applaud the President of Ghana Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo for reducing the size of ...[Read more]
- Ogun: Fulani herdsmen shoot, batter woman [VIDEO]In Local NewsJanuary 24, 2021The Commissioner, Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Kaduna State, Mr. Samuel Aruwan says bandits killed four persons in Chikun local ...[Read more]
- Chelsea vs Luton: Abramovich identifies former coach as Lampard’s replacementIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021Chelsea’s hierarchy has identified Leicester City manager, Brendan Rodgers, as a possible replacement for Frank Lampard, if he is fired, according to ...[Read more]
- Kaduna: Zangon Kataf community launches peace pactIn NewsJanuary 24, 2021The Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, has called on the federal government to engage in dialogue and consultation over the crisis between Yoruba youths ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Liverpool: Solskjaer reveals player who is happy in his squadIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021Former Premier League striker, Michael Owen, has predicted Liverpool to beat Manchester United in today’s FA Cup fourth round clash. Owen, a former ...[Read more]
- Why my relationship with Mercy Eke crashed – IkeIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 24, 2021Nigerian singer, Banky Wellington, also known as Banky W has blasted the Muhammadu Buhari led administration for making citizens register for NIN ...[Read more]
- Man Utd vs Liverpool: Mark Hughes predicts FA Cup clashIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021Former Arsenal forward, Alan Smith, has slammed the club’s players, Willian and Nicolas Pepe following the club’s FA Cup 1-0 defeat to Southampton on ...[Read more]
- Man United vs Liverpool: Michael Owen predicts FA Cup clashIn SportsJanuary 24, 2021Former Arsenal forward, Alan Smith, has slammed the club’s players, Willian and Nicolas Pepe following the club’s FA Cup 1-0 defeat to Southampton on ...[Read more]
- Ogun: Two men arrested, beaten for alleged robbery in Abeokuta [VIDEO]In Local NewsJanuary 24, 2021The Commissioner, Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Kaduna State, Mr. Samuel Aruwan says bandits killed four persons in Chikun local ...[Read more]
- Lawmakers urge NYC to use senior centers as COVID-19 vaccination hubs for elderlyIn USAJanuary 24, 2021It’s amazing no one has thought of this before: using senior centers as vaccination hubs for the elderly. But now a group of 27 City Council members ...[Read more]