Boris Johnson and his fiancée honored two doctors who cared for the British prime minister by partly naming their newborn son after them.
Carrie Symonds, Johnson’s fiancée, announced their child’s name, Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas Johnson, in an Instagram post on Saturday.
The baby was born last Wednesday, weeks earlier than expected, and is partially named for the doctors who cared for Johnson while he was in the hospital fighting the coronavirus last month. Doctors Nick Hart and Nick Price were “the two doctors that saved Boris’ life last month,” said Symonds.
Wilfred is in honor of Johnson’s grandfather, and Lawrie for Symonds grandfather, she said.
“I couldn’t be happier,” said Symonds, who is shown in her Instagram picture cradling the baby boy who appears to have a full head of sandy colored hair. “My heart is full.”
The twice-divorced Johnson, who has fathered six children with three women, said he would take a “short” paternity leave later this year.
- ‘Doctors prepared to announce my death’ – Boris Johnson reveals how he battled COVID-19
- Boris Johnson feared he would never see his son amid coronavirus battle
- Boris Johnson’s ex-lover claims they made love on sofa at his family home while his ex-wife Marina was away
- Man Names His Newborn Son ‘Buhari’ In Honour Of President Buhari (Photos)
- Man fights girlfriend after finding out that she saved his number with “big head” and saved another man’s number with “my love”
- Russian doctors claim they saved Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny’s life
- Boris Johnson says Coronavirus has affected his eyesight
- UK Minister, Douglas Ross resigns after Boris Johnson’s aide breached lockdown rules
- British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson welcomes baby after surviving Coronavirus
- DJ Xclusive Names New Song After His Newborn Daughter, ‘Avery’