Thenationonlineng reported that internal crisis rocking the ruling All Progressive Congress in Ekiti took a new dimension on Friday as some statutory members of State Executive Committee(SEC) suspended Governor Kayode Fayemi over alleged anti-party activities.
According to the allegations against Fayemi, the SEC members said he worked against Edo APC candidate, Pastor Ize Iyamu and supported Godwin Obaseki, the candidate of the People’s Democratic Party(PDP).
The statutory members of the SEC also imposed sanction on the party chairman, Paul Omotosho and other executives by suspending them.
They alleged they were products of the list hurriedly compiled through undemocratic means by Fayemi.
The suspension came barely 24 hours after the party suspended a presidential aide, Senator Babafemi Ojudu and 10 others following report of the Patrick Ajigbolamu-led eight-man disciplinary committee set up to probe allegations of anti-party activities levelled against them.
The decision suspending Fayemi and all the state Working Committee was carried out at an emergency meeting of the State Executive Committee of the party September 23.
The SEC members, in a statement on Friday, said Fayemi was suspended in view of his alleged numerous anti-party activities, especially his role in the recent concluded governorship election in Edo State which is contrary to the provisions of Article 21 (A) (ii) of the APC Constitution.
Signatories to the statement include: Senator Tony Adeniyi, Senator Babafemi Ojudu, Senator Dayo Adeyeye, former House of Representatives members Bimbo Daramola, Hon Robinson Ajiboye, Hon Oyetunji Ojo, former Speaker Ekiti State House of Assembly, Hon. Adewale Omirin and Hon. Femi Adeleye.
According to the statement titled: “Re: Dr. Fayemi Anti-party Activities”, Senator Adeniyi was appointed as the SEC acting
chairman owing to what they described as the “absence of direction from the National Body” and was adjudged as “the only one thus capable to call the SEC meeting as duly required by the constitution”.
The ruling APC has been wallowing in a fierce self-inflicted political storm for a long time. The crisis has inexplicably defied spirited attempts made to ensure that peace reigns with the party split into two factions; one camp is led by Governor Kayode Fayemi, while the other is led by Senator Ojudu.
The intense political battle may not be unconnected with a subtle but fierce struggle among its leading chieftains, for the control of the state ahead of the 2022 gubernatorial poll.
- EndSARS: Let’s Continue To Spread Awareness – DJ CuppyOctober 26, 2020DJ Cuppy has taken to online media to encourage Nigerians to proceed with the protest against SARS and police brutality in the nation. As per her, ...[Read more]
- #EndSARS: Famous Nigerian comedian AY Blasts Those Asking Why No Celebrity Died During ProtestsOctober 26, 2020Famous Nigerian comedian, Ayo Makun better known as AY, has gone hard on individuals inquiring as to why no big name died during #EndSARS fights held ...[Read more]
- Nigerian Man Reveals How An Iron protector Saved His Shop From Being Looted In Imo State (+Photos)October 26, 2020A Nigerian businessman, Chima Smart Nwaneri, has taken to Twitter to uncover how an iron defender kept his shop from being burglarized in Owerri, Imo ...[Read more]
- Popular Nigerian Cross-dresser, Bobrisky Reveals Two Things He Can Never DoOctober 26, 2020Nigerian cross-dresser, Okuneye Idris better realized as Bobrisky has uncovered two things he can never be seen doing. He made this disclosure in ...[Read more]
- Chief of Army Staff Responds To Travel Ban calls By International BodiesOctober 26, 2020Tukur Buratai, Chief of Army Staff, has responded to calls by International bodies requiring a movement boycott to be put on some military officials ...[Read more]
- All the hoodlums who are taking advantage of this season, shall not go unpunished-Bishop Oyedepo warns hoodlumsOctober 26, 2020The General Overseer of Winners Chapel International, David Oyedepo, has declared that the hoodlums who took advantage of the ENDSARS impasse to loot ...[Read more]
- See Davido’s reaction to the To Newly Discovered Camera At Lekki Toll GateOctober 26, 2020Davido, the fiance of Chioma Avril Rowlan, has disclosed how surprised and shocked he feels about the Lekki Toll Gate discovery. Amid an inspection ...[Read more]
- BBNaija Laycon to feature Neo in his new musical videoOctober 26, 2020BBNaija star Laycon has tightened the bond between him and Neo as he featured him in his upcoming music video. Laycon In a picture circulating on ...[Read more]
- This few weeks have been though on me, Laycon appreciates fans for their supportOctober 26, 2020Big Brother Naija winner, Laycon has appreciated his fans for showing him love and support over the past few weeks. He said also that the week was ...[Read more]
- David Oyedepo Says Hoodlums Destroying Properties Will Not Go UnpunishedOctober 26, 2020Directing Bishop of the Living Faith Church, David Oyedepo has said hoodlums plundering, decimating and consuming properties in Nigeria will not go ...[Read more]