Some friends and neighbours around the office and home apartment of the slain Bayelsa based young baker, Temple George, are pointing accusing fingers at some persons they described as enemies of progress.
The deceased, a 30-year-old indigene of Kalabari tribe in Rivers State, was reportedly strangled to death on Friday night by two unidentified assailant in his apartment on Old Mr. Biggs road, Opolo Epie, Yenagoa, the State capital.
The decomposed body of the late baker was later discovered by friends, family members and landlord at about 4pm on Saturday, in his bathroom, when several calls put across to him by some of his clients failed and they had to visit his home to ascertain the reason for his unreached numbers.
A close source told , that “The deceased is a loner and doesn’t look for trouble, always busy with what he knows how to do best. You can never find him where you see people fighting or arguing because he rarely even have time for such.”
He was a very good baker who won several awards in cake baking, and was doing very well in his profession. He was trained some years back during a vocational skill acquisition programme sponsored by his church (Salvation Ministries), and since then, he was progressing because of his ability to be very creative and simple.
Narrating, a neighbour said, “At the same night I saw him with two people and I didn’t suspect anything because he was with them downstairs and they were talking normal, I passed and went to my own apartment to sleep since it was night, later I heard a shout but I didn’t know where it was coming from, though I still made efforts to verify where the noise was from but I didn’t see anybody, so I slept off”
It was in the evening when some people came to the compound to ask for him and said they didn’t see him in the office after several calls, that was when we had to ensure police came around before his door was forcefully opened.
I was surprised when we saw his lifeless body in the bathroom of his apartment. What has George done to deserve this kind of gruesome murder from unknown persons?” she said.
A close family source said that it was the third attempt on his life that took him.
With tears in her eyes, she said, ” it will never be well with those responsible for the death of our brother. Temple was a hardworking and industrious boy who does not give excuses for his work, he delivers early and perfectly. Oh, who did this? Wicked world” she added.
Another neighbour said, “he hadn’t stayed in this apartment for even up to a year, he keeps to himself always. They killed him and locked him in his apartment. We wouldn’t have known if not for the people that came to look for him at home on that Saturday.
“It was the landlord that even made us to know he was there.
“When the people came and asked after him, he told them he had not seen him since morning maybe he has gone to work, and they said they were coming from his office, so he said he hasn’t seen him too, but they looked at his window and saw that his cloths were scattered, so he suggested that he gets a police before the door is forcefully opened. That was how we got to know he was there.
When visited the self-contained apartment, it was scattered as if the deceased had a struggle before they overpowered and killed him.
The assailant after his death locked him up and went away with his phones.
Meanwhile, authorities of the Bayelsa State Police Command who confirmed the assassination disclosed that they have launched a discreet investigation into the death.
A statement signed and sent to by the State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Asinim Butswat, said that the Commissioner of Police Bayelsa State Command, CP Mike Okoli fsi, has ordered for discreet investigation into the circumstances that led to the death of Temple George, a popular baker in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
“Preliminary Investigation reveals that the body of the deceased was discovered by his Landlord on 17 April, 2021, at his apartment at Opolo, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
“The Scene was visited by Police detectives, and the corpse was removed to the Federal Medical Centre Mortuary for autopsy.
“The case has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for proper Investigation.”
- PHOTOS: From Miami To Mexico – Boss-chick Lawyer, Sandra Ankobiah Celebrates Her Birthday At A Beautiful Mexican BeachIn EntertainmentMay 18, 2021Google and Wikipedia say that Boss-chick lawyer, Sandra Ankobiah is 38 years old today. Huh? That’s too much for Sandra Ankobiah — and we are waiting ...[Read more]
- Inside Natasha Thahane’s Housewarming Dinner (Photos)In South AfricaMay 18, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Sharing some moments from the special occasion, Thahane shared the scripture Joshua 24:15 from the Bible. “And if it seem evil unto you ...[Read more]
- MTA says de Blasio’s ‘irresponsible’ subway cop math doesn’t add upIn USAMay 18, 2021MTA leaders are calling into question Mayor de Blasio’s commitment to put more cops on the subway — accusing Hizzoner of misleading them and the ...[Read more]
- If I’m Owing You, Forgive Me Jesus Has Paid – Teni To Those She OwesIn Nigeria NewsMay 18, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Teniola Apata better known as Teni the entertainer has asked those she’s owing some money to forgive her because Jesus has paid for her ...[Read more]
- New Dutch exhibition takes unflinching look at slaveryIn LifestyleMay 18, 2021AMSTERDAM — The delicacy of one of the first objects in new exhibition at Amsterdam’s Rijksmuseum belies its brutality. At the end of a thin iron rod ...[Read more]
- EPL: Michael Owen advises Harry Kane amid interest from Chelsea, Man United, Man CityIn SportsMay 18, 2021Michael Owen, former Liverpool player, has advised Tottenham Hotspur striker, Harry Kane, that it’s ‘now or never’ for him to leave the club this ...[Read more]
- De Blasio can’t say whether he’d vote for a Republican over Gov. CuomoIn USAMay 18, 2021Mayor Bill de Blasio took the fifth Tuesday when asked whether he’d choose one of the GOP candidates running for governor over voting to re-electing ...[Read more]
- I’m The Rich Mnisi Of The Kitchen – Somizi BragsIn South AfricaMay 18, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Taking to his social media account, the star told his fans that he just got booked for his first gig as a private chef and the food ...[Read more]
- Strippers are back on the job but COVID rules are hurting their payIn LifestyleMay 18, 2021When California stripper Brittney, 26, walked into San Francisco’s reopened Gold Club stripping venue again in April after a year, she was confronted ...[Read more]
- 10 suspected rail line vandals, 7 illegal miners paraded in BenueIn Local NewsMay 18, 2021The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Benue Command, on Tuesday, paraded 10 persons over alleged vandalism of rail lines at Udei in ...[Read more]