Operatives of the Abuja Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, have arrested five suspected internet fraudsters.
The suspects were identified as Emeto Jude Ikenna, Miracle Temple, Victor Onyekachi, Silver Matthew Kingsley and Promise Emmanuel.
The commission said they were arrested onTuesday at their hideouts in room C9, Ibanu Suite, Mabushi and F01 Kubwa, Abuja.
Items recovered from them include one Toyota Camry, one Laptop and mobile phones.
Also, the agency arrested have arrested 18 suspected internet fraudsters in Lagos State.
The suspects who were arrested during sting operations on both Second Gate Estate, Oke-Iranla, Ajah, Lekki, and Victoria Garden City, VGC, Lagos Were identified as Ayomide Christian Balogun, Harrison Etshede, Rahim Ibrahim Ajiboye, Nwafor Ebuka, Christian Onyenachi, Egbe Emmanuel Olemuno, Okoye Charles, Moses Isaac Benjamin and Abubakar Mukthar.
Others are: Ayodele Adewusi Khalid, John Folarin Oyindamola, Oshilaja Ayomide Samson, Olayinka Samuel Juwon, Keshinro Ridwan Oluwafemi, Sulaimon Waris Titilope, Samuel Odei Olamilekan, Shen Banjo Olusayo and Michael Olayinka Ike.
They were arrested following verified intelligence on their alleged involvement in computer-related fraud.
The EFCC added all suspect will be charge to court as soon as investigation is concluded.
- Gunmen Kidnap Ambrose Alli University Lecturer, Request N18m Ransom
- Gunmen Kidnap Female Nigerian Air Force Officer, Demand N2 Million Ransom
- Gunmen kidnap 4 farmers in Ekiti, demand N50m ransom
- Gunmen kidnap monarch in Nasarawa, demand N50m ransom
- Gunmen kidnap Army Captain, 3 others in Ondo, demand N20m ransom
- Gunmen kidnap Oyo lawmaker’s sister, demand N20m ransom
- Gunmen kidnap popular Ikorodu business mogul, 4 others, demand N100m ransom
- Gunmen abduct tenager in Edo, demand N5m ransom
- ‘N18m demolition cost laughable’
- Man set to divorce wife for having N18M and lying of being broke when he needed support to complete his family house