The Managing Director of fast-rising financial institution Best Point Savings and Loans, Philip Odei Asare has reportedly passed on from Covid-19 complications, MyNewsGh.com has learnt.
While further details of his death have been kept under wraps, his family and friends have been thrown into a state mourning.
With the death of this prominent banker who was receiving treatment at one of the designated hospitals for the treatment of Covid-19, it has suddenly hit home to many Ghanaians that Covid-19 is real and not a joke.
The late Phillip Odei Asare reportedly had no underlying conditions and was healthy when the virus struck him dead. He was also reportedly very strict in the enforcement of Covid-19 protocols among his staff and at home with his family.
Philip Odei Asare was a professional accountant (ICA-GH, 2001) with over twenty years’ experience in Commercial Banking, Investment Banking Regulations, and Financial Services industry.
He held an MBA (2003) and BA (1994) degrees from the University of Ghana. Employed by FINCA Microfinance Holdings, Washington D.C, Philip was seconded to FINCA Zambia (a financial Services company) as CEO and later as the Acting CEO. Prior to FINCA Zambia, Philip was the Senior Vice President for Finance at The Royal Bank Limited, where he led the Bank’s financial management and Strategy function.
In a previous role, as a Group Head for Risk Management, Access Bank, Ghana, Philip led the risk management work-stream during the execution of the business combination / merger of Access Bank and Inter-Continental Bank Group, after the former had acquired the latter. Prior to the Risk Management Role, Philip also played the role of Group Head, Commercial and Consumer Banking for Access Bank, Ghana where he led the execution of the Bank’s Commercial and Consumer banking strategy.
Before joining Access Bank Ghana in 2010, Philip played the role of Acting Chief Executive Officer for Opportunity International Savings & Loans Limited (OISL). Prior to the role of CEO, Philip was the Chief Financial Officer and Deputy CEO of OISL. He also worked for the Banking Supervision Department of the Bank of Ghana for 8 years during which period he undertook several assignments relating to bank examination and reviews.
Source: MyNewsGh.com/Stephen Zoure/2021
- Arsenal vs Benfica: Game changer – Fabregas hails Saka after Europa League winIn SportsFebruary 25, 2021The Nigeria’s national under-17 male football team on Thursday, thrashed Bayern Munich Academy 5-1 in a friendly match at the River plate football ...[Read more]
- Elmina Sharks sack head coach Yaw AcheampongIn Ghana, SportsFebruary 25, 2021Ghana Premier League side, Elmina Sharks, have sacked head coach, Yaw Acheampong, and his backroom staff after Wednesday’s 2-0 defeat to Legon Cities ...[Read more]
- China celebrates official end of extreme poverty, lauds XiIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021BEIJING — The ruling Communist Party is celebrating the official end of extreme poverty in China with a propaganda campaign that praises President Xi ...[Read more]
- EPL: Man United offer West Ham three players in exchange for Declan RiceIn SportsFebruary 25, 2021Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry, is set to return to London after he resigned as manager of Major League Soccer (MLS) side, CF Montreal. Henry, 43, ...[Read more]
- Man survives 14 hours in open ocean by clinging to buoyIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021An eagle-eyed sailor who fell overboard in the South Pacific was narrowly saved, thanks to an abandoned buoy he spotted in the distance. Vidam ...[Read more]
- AOC rips NYPD’s new robotic dogIn USAFebruary 25, 2021Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez growled on Twitter on Thursday about the NYPD’s new robotic dog, which was tested on her home turf in the Bronx this week. ...[Read more]
- ‘Zoom fatigue’ is real and it’s ruining us, according to scienceIn LifestyleFebruary 25, 2021Time to unmute and unwind. There’s now scientific backing for “Zoom fatigue,” the term for the exhaustion that those working from home and ...[Read more]
- Scott Disick says he’s ready to marry Kourtney Kardashian and the latter gives him an ultimatum in preview for KUWTK (video)In NewsFebruary 25, 2021Though Scott Disick and Kourtney Kardashian haven’t been together for several years, Scott believes they will one day be together forever. In a ...[Read more]
- Lagos state government seals off supermarket for selling expired products (photos)In NewsFebruary 25, 2021The Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency (LASCOPA) on Thursday February 25, sealed off the Home Affairs Supermarket located at 21, Ijaye Road, ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Adebayor Visits Funny Face At The Accra Psychiatrist HospitalIn EntertainmentFebruary 25, 2021Emmanuel Adebayor has finally visited Funny Face at the Accra Psychiatrist Hospital after snubbing him for months. In a video posted to Instagram, ...[Read more]