By Bolaji Ogundele, Abuja
The Presidency has debunked reports that President Muhammadu Buhari would be making a media broadcast today.
Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, in a tweet picked from his verified Tweeter handle stated this Monday afternoon.
He said no presidential broadcast was planned for today, adding that whatever update was available would be passed on by the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) during its usual briefings.
“No presidential broadcast on COVID-19 updates today. None was planned. Rather, the Presidential Task Force will during its usual media briefings bring the nation up to speed on the next steps”, the tweet read.
It would be recalled that reports had been out since evening that the President might be making a national broadcast later today.
- CONFUSION! Buhari cancels Presidential Broadcast today, as IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu onslaught on the Presidency intensifies
- No presidential broadcast was planned- Femi Adesina debunks report of President Buhari addressing the nation today
- Breaking: Buhari not going to broadcast on COVID-19 updates today
- BREAKING: No presidential broadcast on COVID-19, none planned ― Femi Adesina
- Nnamdi Kanu To Co-host Radio Broadcast With Retd Finland Soldier, Simon Ekpa Today (16 FEB)
- Presidential broadcast: Confusion as Femi Adesina counters PTF coordinator
- COVID-19: Presidency opens up on Buhari’s leaked speech hours before Monday’s national broadcast
- BREAKING: Buhari Will Not Address Nigerians Today – Presidency
- Breaking News: Just After Nnamdi Kanu’s Broadcast, Funtua dies
- “My boo boo is 16” – Ayo Adesanya celebrate Son, Ire as he clocks 16 today, shares video of him from his child birth till today (VIDEO/PICS)