The Presidency has vowed to deal with any group plotting to overthrow the President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government.
Gistlover reports that this was made known on Tuesday in a statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina.
The presidency stated that any group making such plans will be dealt with even if some unruly feathers would be ruffled in the process.
According to the statement, some persons have planned to hold an illegal conference where a vote of no confidence will be passed on President Buhari.
The presidency disclosed that some highly placed individuals in collaboration with some religious leaders and their foreign elements were working hard to undermine the sovereignty and corporate existence of the country.
The statement read, “The Department of State Services (DSS), on Sunday alerted on sinister moves by misguided elements to wreak havoc on the government, sovereignty and corporate existence of the country.
“Championed by some disgruntled religious and past political leaders, the intention is to eventually throw the country into a tailspin, which would compel a forceful and undemocratic change of leadership.
“Further unimpeachable evidence shows that these disruptive elements are now recruiting the leadership of some ethnic groups and politicians around the country, with the intention of convening some sort of conference, where a vote of no confidence would be passed on the President, thus throwing the land into further turmoil.
“The caterwauling, in recent times, by these elements, is to prepare the grounds adequately for their ignoble intentions, which are designed to cause further grief for the country.
“The agent provocateurs hope to achieve through artifice and sleight of hands, what they failed to do through the ballot box in the 2019 elections.
“Nigerians have opted for democratic rule, and the only acceptable way to change a democratically elected government is through elections, which hold at prescribed times in the country. Any other way is patently illegal and even treasonable. Of course, such would attract the necessary consequences.
“These discredited individuals and groups are also in cahoots with external forces to cause maximum damage in their own country. But the Presidency, already vested with mandate and authority by Nigerians till 2023, pledges to keep the country together, even if some unruly feathers would be ruffled in the process.”
Credit: News – Gistlover
- Reversing Trump, US restores transgender health protectionsIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021WASHINGTON — The US will protect gay and transgender people against sex discrimination in health care, the Biden administration announced Monday, ...[Read more]
- “It’s ignorant how we expect poor people to live a righteous life in this country” – Actress IfemeludikeIn Celebrity NewsMay 10, 2021Nollywood actress, Chioma Grace Ifemeludike has reflected on the current situation in Nigeria as she comes to the conclusion that it is not plausible ...[Read more]
- It’s Ignorant How We Expect That Poor people Should Live A Righteous Life In This Country — Actress IfemeludikeIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nollywood actress, Chioma Grace Ifemeludike has placed her two cents on the idea of people preaching Christ to poor people. In a recent ...[Read more]
- Street parties celebrate end of Spain’s state of emergencyIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021BARCELONA, Spain — Impromptu street celebrations erupted across Spain as the clock struck midnight on Saturday when a six-month-long national state ...[Read more]
- New mom and zoo gorilla sweetly bond over their babies in viral videoIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021It’s the universal language of motherly love. A Boston zoo-goer proved that the maternal bond transcends species after she and a mother gorilla held ...[Read more]
- ‘IPOB Is Plotting To Launch An Attack On Some Soft Targets In Lagos’ — CP OdumosuIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu has indicated that the state Police Command heard of a plot by the Indigenous ...[Read more]
- De Blasio calls for gun control after Times Square shooting causes tourism concernIn USAMay 10, 2021Mayor Bill de Blasio on Monday shunted blame for the Times Square shooting to Congress, insisting the feds need to do more on gun control — while ...[Read more]
- The Only thing She South West Of Nigeria Has Produced Are Area Boys aAnd Fake Pastors’ — Billionaire Realtor, Olu Okeowo [VIDEO]In Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Addressing some clergymen at a ceremony, Olu Okeowo revealed that the only people the South West of Nigeria has produced are area boys ...[Read more]
- Man narrates how a girl he bought a sewing machine for, sold it to buy a phoneIn Viral NewsMay 10, 2021A Nigerian man has narrated how he young girl sold her sewing machine and used the proceeds to buy a smartphone. The man identified as @Kene_Nnewi ...[Read more]
- Alexx Ekubo Announces Wedding Date with His FiancéeIn NewsMay 10, 2021Nollywood actor, Alexx Ekubo, on Monday announced his wedding date with his fiancee, Fancy Acholonu. Gistlover had earlier reported that the actor ...[Read more]