Obioma who before his untimely death was the registrar of National Examination Council (NECO) was strangled to death by unknown gunmen.
According to Peoples Gazette who spoke with his wife, Elizabeth Obioma, she said the assassins came in and killed him and left without taking anything.
See Also: BREAKING: Unknown Gunmen kills Immigration Senior Officer In Imo
Weeping profusely, Mrs Obioma said her husband had just returned to Minna from a trip to Abuja when the armed men, lurking in his compound, descended on him and strangled him.
Mr Obioma has been facing attempts to remove him from office as the head of NECO, a prominent examination body run by the Nigerian government.
Mr Obioma, 67, was appointed head of NECO barely a year ago on May 14, 2022. He hailed from Abia in Nigeria’s Igbo-dominated South-East region.
The incident came barely a day after Ahmed Gulak, a top politician of the ruling APC, was gunned down in Owerri, raising widespread fears of insecurity.
News – Centapost
- BREAKING: NECO Registrar Godswill Obioma Assassinated
- Registrar Of Nigeria’s Top Examination Body, NECO, Godswill Obioma Assassinated In Minna
- NECO Registrar, Godswill Obioma assassinated
- INSECURITY: NECO Registrar Godswill Obioma assassinated in Niger state
- Breaking: Buhari appoints Prof. Obioma as new NECO registrar
- BREAKING NECO: Buhari appoints Ebonyi INEC Commissioner, Prof. Obioma as new Registrar
- Nigeria’s Examination Body, NECO Appoints New Registrar After Death Of Obioma
- Buhari appoints Prof. Obioma as new NECO Registrar
- Buhari told to sack new NECO Registrar, Obioma, replace him with Northern candidate
- Obioma Not Assasinated, Died Of Heart Failure – NECO