A driver with the Bus Rapid Transit, Collins Nnodi, has gone into hiding after crushing a businesswoman, Mrs Grace Okeleke, to death at the Agric bus stop in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State.
The incident happened on Monday.
It was gathered that Grace, the wife of the Head of Public Relations, Globacom, Andrew Okeleke, attempted to cross the road after being dropped off by her driver around 7.20pm, when Nnodi, who was driving a bus with number plate EPE 59 XR, knocked her down.
It was learnt that the businesswoman died on the spot.
However, Nnodi was said to have zoomed off and abandoned the victim at the scene of the accident.
Annoyed by the development, it was gathered that an angry mob vandalised some BRT buses plying the route.
Explaining the circumstances surrounding the incident, the family said in a statement that until her death, Grace was a minister at the Redeemed Christian Church of God, adding that the businesswoman was survived by her husband and children.
- COVID-19 curfew: Hit and run driver crushes policeman to death in Lagos
- Woman dies in Lagos tanker accident as driver flees
- Ogun: Driver connives with friend to kill businesswoman after robbing her of N400,000
- Driver and his friend kill businesswoman, dump her body inside the bush in Ogun (photo)
- Ogun: Truck driver crushes two to death while chasing car that damaged his mirror
- After killing 2, fleeing truck driver crushes only child to death in Cross River
- Man struck and killed in NYC, driver flees
- 50-Yr-Old Wicked Businesswoman Nabbed For Pouring Hot Water On Her Salesgirl In Lagos
- LASEMA team escape mob attack as bus crushes “okada” rider to death in Lagos
- Tanker crushes five persons to death on Lagos-Ibadan highway