Donations into the Nigeria Private Sector Coalition Against COVID-19 (CACOVID) has hit N27, 160, 190, 011.94.
The Director of Corporate Communications of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr. Isaac Okoroafor, disclosed this in a statement, this evening.
While thanking the donors on behalf of the coalition, he urged other individuals and corporate organisations to emulate the good gesture of the donors.
He said, “The coalition is grateful to all the institutions and individuals that have open-handedly donated to this fund.
“We urge others to consider contributing to this national solidarity to provide not only medical equipment and materials but also to render urgently needed palliatives to the poor and vulnerable segments of our society.
We pledge to continually ensure full disclosure and accountability for all donations made.”
- CACOVID Fund hits N27bn
- Sell Presidential Jets, Cancel N27bn N’Assembly Renovation Fund – Atiku Tells FG
- Olam Group lifts CACOVID relief fund with N1 billion
- Banky W and Femi Kuti slam FG for giving N27bn to National Assembly for renovation after significantly slashing education and health budget
- ”They know we can’t do anything”- Paul and Jude Okoye react to N27bn budgeted for National Assembly renovation
- Buhari, lawmakers dragged to UN over health, education budget cuts, N27bn for NASS renovation
- CACOVID: Restoring hope to communities in a time of crisis
- CACOVID: Spearheading drive against COVID-19 spread
- Coronavirus: CACOVID gives food palliative to Lagosians to complement govt efforts