Retirement and quarantine are treating CC Sabathia well.
The former Yankees pitcher’s broadcast partner Ryan Ruocco of the “R2C2 Podcast” confirmed on social media that a photo circulating of a jacked Sabathia really was him and was not doctored.
“Not Photoshopped,” Ruocco wrote on Twitter. “The big fella has been getting after it during quarantine!”
The photo shows a slimmed-down Sabathia, who retired after last season, in a tank top with muscular and cut arms. It is a far different appearance than the huskier version of him Bombers fans saw during his time with The Bombers, who already have a pitcher with huge arms in Aroldis Chapman.
The 39-year-old, who at one point weighed close to 300 pounds during his baseball career, wanting to slim down comes as no surprise. Sabathia spend much of his final years in New York battling a recurring knee injury and started working on his weight in 2014. In 2018 he went to a vegan diet after knee surgery and came back for his final season after dealing with a blocked artery.
- Suddenly jacked Bryson DeChambeau falls apart at 17th hole
- CC Sabathia’s stunning weight loss causes Mike Francesa rant
- Bryson DeChambeau is really jacked now
- Ripped personal trainer got jacked through vegan diet
- Naked at Jay-Z’s birthday, too drunk to throw: Inside CC Sabathia’s struggles with alcohol
- How CC Sabathia slimmed down and got ripped
- CC Sabathia, PFT Commenter make cameo in ‘Billions’
- CC Sabathia, PFT Commenter make cameo on ‘Billions’
- Yankees mailbag: Contenders to fill CC Sabathia leadership role
- CC Sabathia reveals the hard work behind his impressive ‘comeback’ look