A ‘Celebrating America’ concert special was held on Wednesday night for President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris’ after they were sworn in.
American actor and comedian, Tom Hanks-hosted the TV special and it featured musical performances, heartfelt tributes, and appearances from several A-list stars.
Bruce Springsteen kicked off the festivities with a performance of his song “Land of Hope and Dreams” outside the Lincoln Memorial before musician Yo-Yo Ma gave an emotional solo performance of “Amazing Grace.”
Shortly after encouraging words from President Joe Biden, Justin Timberlake and Ant Clemons took over to perform their song “Better Days Are Coming.”
John Legend delivered a sultry performance of “Feeling Good” in front of the Lincoln Memorial, while Demi Lovato performed ‘Lovely Day’ featuring cameos from frontline workers and the Biden family.
The biggest performance for the night was that of Katy Perry, who closed the ‘Celebrating America’ Special with an amazing firework display.
The singer, 36, appeared at the National Mall to wrap up the special, with Biden and his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, and Harris and her husband, Doug Emhoff, appearing to watch the performance as she performed her 2010 hit, “Firework.”
- Katy Perry, Tinashe, Gryffin and more to Perform in this Week’s Coke Studio Sessions
- ‘I’m Deeply Sorry, The Industry Is Flawed And Sets White Men Up For Success’ – Justin Timberlake Apologises To Britney Spears And Janet Jackson
- John Legend and Common perform ‘Glory’ at DNC in honor of John Lewis
- Justin Timberlake Tenders Apology To Britney Spears And Janet Jackson After Backlash From Fans
- Justin Timberlake apologizes to Britney Spears and Janet Jackson after documentary backlash
- Justin Timberlake And Wife Jessica Biel Welcome Second Child
- Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake secretly welcome second child
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel welcome a son after secret pregnancy
- Brian McKnight confirms birth of Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel’s second child
- Justin Timberlake signs ‘infidelity clause’ that could give wife Jessica Biel majority of their assets and primary custody of the kids if he cheats following his slip-up last November