The Chief Justice has given assurance of bringing finality to allegations of bribery levelled against a Supreme Court Judge by the Chief Whip of the National Democratic Congress’ Chief Whip in Parliament.
Muntaka Mubarak in an interview with Accra-based Joy News alleged that a Supreme Court Judge attempted to bribe one of his Members of Parliament on the day of electing the Speaker of Parliament.
He said the Member of Parliament did nit fall for the cheap Supreme Court Judge and voted gallantly for the NDC’s nominee who eventually won the race.
Reacting to the allegations, the Judiciary Service in an interview said: The Judiciary has noted with grave concern the remarks of Mohammed- Mubarak Muntaka, Hon. Member of Parliament for Asawase, which have been widely published in the media, alleging that a Justice of the Supreme Court attempted to bribe an NDC female Member of Parliament to vote for Right Hon. Aaron Mike Oquaye, in the election of the Speaker of the 8th Parliament, which took place on 7th January 2021″.
Adding that “The general public is hereby assured that the Hon. Chief Justice considers this allegation of impropriety a matter of grave import to the integrity of the Judiciary.
“The Hon. Chief Justice is therefore-taking steps to solicit the assistance of Mohammed-Mubarak Muntaka MP, to establish the facts in order that the matter can be dealt with appropriately”.
Source: MyNewsGh.com/ Ayeh Offei-Akoto/2021
- I Am Into The Business Of Giving Hope To The Hopeless – Tonto DikeIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021Nigerian actress and Humanitarian Tonto Dike who also goes by the nickname Tontolet or King Tonto has taken to Instagram to share with her fans and ...[Read more]
- Ganiyat Sadiq Is The Hijabi Princess Who Is All About Beauty And FashionIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021It’s another Thursday in the exciting world of KOKOstyle and we are super excited to profile another amazing modest fashionista who is serving ...[Read more]
- Police arrests man for allegedly defiling 2-year-old babyIn Local NewsJanuary 28, 2021The Advocacy for Alleged Witches (AfAW) has welcomed the arrest of a controversial Anambra pastor, Onyebuchi Okocha, A. K. A. Onyeze Jesus. The ...[Read more]
- ‘Witches’ group commends police, Anambra govt for arresting Prophet Onyeze JesusIn Local NewsJanuary 28, 2021The Advocacy for Alleged Witches (AfAW) has welcomed the arrest of a controversial Anambra pastor, Onyebuchi Okocha, A. K. A. Onyeze Jesus. The ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Wendy Shay Reveals She Has 15 Piercings And That She’ll Add MoreIn EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021Rufftown Records’ signee, Wendy Shay, has revealed that she has 15 piercings and that there are more to come. According to Wendy Shay, she even had ...[Read more]
- Three killed as bandits attack Zamfara Speaker’s hometownIn NewsJanuary 28, 2021Suspected bandits attacked Magarya community in Zurmi Local Government Area of Zamfara State and killed three persons. Magarya is the hometown ...[Read more]
- Pfizer-BioNTech Says Its COVID-19 Vaccine Is Effective Against UK And South-Africa VariantIn Celebrity News, coronavirus, COVID-19, Nigeria NewsJanuary 28, 2021Pfizer and BioNTech has said that its COVID-19 vaccines are effective against the variants that have emerged in the United Kingdom and South Africa. ...[Read more]
- 63-year-old man allegedly defiles 2-year-old girl in BeninIn NewsJanuary 28, 2021The Edo state police command has arrested a 63-year-old man identified as Sunday Igbinokhuaihe for allegedly defiling a two-year-old girl. The ...[Read more]
- Legendary Beatmaker, Hammer, Supports Shatta Wale’s Assertion That Mark Okraku Mantey Can’t Serve Creative Arts Industry As MinisterIn EntertainmentJanuary 28, 2021Legendary beatmaker and Record Producer, Edward Nana Poku Osei popularly known as Hammer is in full support of Shatta Wale‘s assertion that Mark ...[Read more]
- Friends mourn as Nigerian man reportedly dies in Dubai police custody after being arrested for flaunting Dollars on InstagramIn NewsJanuary 28, 2021Friends are mourning following a report that a Nigerian businessman has died while in Dubai police custody. Prince Obieze Nestor, the C.E.O of Obieze ...[Read more]