The Chinese government is mocking US efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic in a new video that stars the Statue of Liberty made of Legos.
A video titled “Once Upon a Virus” was posted this week to the official Twitter accounts of both the Chinese embassy in France and the state-run China Daily newspaper.
The animated short depicts what the Chinese describe as the US’ botched response to fighting the coronavirus.
The video shows a Chinese warrior from 2,000 years ago, also made of Legos, and the Statue of Liberty arguing about the deadly infection — with a Scott Joplin-esque piano rag playing in the background.
The animation lays out a version of events strongly favorable to the Chinese and critical of the Americans.
“We discovered a new virus,” the warrior proclaims.
“So what?” the statue replies.
“It’s dangerous,” the warrior responds.
“It’s only a flu,” the statue shouts back.
“Wear a mask,” says the warrior
“Don’t wear a mask,” says the statue.
The video is designed to show what the Chinese contend is the failure of the US response to the virus.
Lady Liberty’s last line: “We are always correct, even though we contradict ourselves.”
The warrior hurls one more insult before a red curtain falls: “That’s what I love best about you Americans, your consistency.”
- Obama mocks Trump’s coronavirus response in online commencement speech
- Wuhan lab had three live strains of bat coronavirus ―Chinese state media
- Jack Russell-pug mocks corgi’s squatty walk in hilarious viral video
- Gov. Ron DeSantis had the right coronavirus response — but the media won’t tell you that
- China actively participated in international cooperation in COVID-19 Response—Chinese President
- Chinese journalist mocks Trump’s hydroxychloroquine use as ‘witchcraft’
- Open letter written to Gov Fayemi of Ekiti State by a pharmacist who accused the management of the Ekiti State University Teaching hospital of causing his Mum’s death and Governor Fayemi’s response
- Chinese state media describes US tech purge as ‘madness’
- Facebook to start adding state media labels on Russian, Chinese outlets
- Chinese state media editor-in-chief asks if US is ‘mentally retarded’