David Adenuga, Bauchi
CHLOROQUINE, an anti-malaria drug, has aided the recovery of six Coronavirus patients in Bauchi State, including Governor Bala Mohammed, Health Commissioner Dr. Aliyu Maigoro has said.
Maigoro, who backed the governor’s stand on chloroquine treatment, addressed reporters yesterday in a telephone interview.
He said five other patients who were discharged about two weeks ago after the governor’s recovery were also given a dose of the anti-malaria drug.
The Nation reports that six patients had recovered and discharged since the outbreak of the pandemic.
Maigoro said: “As the governor rightly stated at the briefing, the same chloroquine treatment was also applied as treatment for the other five patients who were discharged after the governor’s recovery…”
- ‘Chloroquine aided recovery of six COVID-19 patients in Bauchi ‘
- COVID-19: No apology for saying I recovered by taking Chloroquine, Zithromax, Zinc ― Bauchi Gov
- I have no apologies for saying I used Chloroquine and ZIthromax to treat myself when I had Coronavirus- Bauchi state governor, Bala Mohammed
- Bauchi Governor uses Chloroquine to cure himself
- NYPD sergeants union picking up funeral tab for doorman who aided off-duty cop
- Carlos Ghosn’s son sent $500K in bitcoin to American who aided escape: feds
- US, UK travel ban on election riggers aided success of Edo Polls – Rights Group
- LAGOS: How Police check point aided robbers to operate
- Japan eyes extradition of ex-Green Beret who allegedly aided Carlos Ghosn escape
- ‘How I aided soldiers to free alleged Taraba kidnap kingpin Wadume’