Pastor Tunde Baker, overseer of Citadel Global Community Church, has said that Churches and Mosques are pressuring the government to reopen worship centres.
Recall that after months of closure due to COVID-19 pandemic, churches in Lagos State are set to reopen from the 21st of June, the state government announced.
“I’m so sorry for our country at this juncture. I’m so sorry that we are pressurising the government to open churches and to open Mosques, Bakare said during his message on Sunday.
He added that “You want calamity upon calamity. The church has not been closed; nobody can close the church.
“Yes, it is true that buildings are closed but the church is marching on. No one can close the church. Government can shut down the buildings; they cannot force us to go back because I’m not going to endanger the lives of our people.
“Noah did not jump out of the ark. He sent the raven first to test the ground. The raven never returned. He sent the duck twice. On the third occasion, it did not return. He knew it was safe to go out but he still stayed there until God said, Noah, come out.
“He locked him in and He brought him out. Let’s be patient. And they now want to start carrying people to their gravesides and be praying for their families. Let’s stay within until that time when the calamity is over.”
Have a story to tell, or images to share on interesting Nigeria news? Send them to Concise News via Whatsapp (0906 928 2577)
Tired of generators? Get PRAG INVERTER, Nigeria’s No.1 Inverters Be the first to know…Get daily round up of top Nigerian newspaper headlines. Click here. Tired of estimated bills/generator noise? Go off the grid…get PRAG SOLAR for 24/7 noiseless and uninterrupted power supply.
- Open Up Churches As Isolation Centers – Pastor Tunde Bakare
- Pastor Tunde Bakare warns churches against reopening despite Lagos govt’s announcement
- Pastor Tunde Bakare Kicks Against Reopening Of Worship Centers
- Open your church halls for government to use as Isolation centers – Pastor Tunde Bakare tells Nigerian church leaders (video)
- Ogun state government reopens churches and mosques; cinemas and event centers to remain closed
- Pastor Tunde Bakare kicks against reopening of churches
- Pastor Tunde Bakare warns churches against reopening despite Lagos government’s announcement
- C0vid-19: Pastor Tunde Bakare Opposes Reopening Of Churches
- I was asked to run with Atiku, Churches may soon be empty – Tunde Bakare
- Fed Govt frowns as states reopen Mosques, Churches