By Victor Ajihromanus
A coalition of youth groups from northern part of Nigeria under the umbrella of Newzandar News for Good Governance and Quality Leadership (VGGQL), has carpeted the former Executive Secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) Prof. Usman Yusuf for criticizing the manner some state governments are managing the coronavirus (COVID-19) challenges.
The coalition said having been relieved of his appointment as Executive Secretary of NHIS in July 2019, following reports from two different probe panels, Prof. Yusuf has no moral grounds to speak on quality leadership having performed woefully he was given the opportunity to serve.
In a communiqué issued after a teleconference, the coalition said, but for the lockdown order on the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), it would have carried out a protest against the former NHIS boss.
Signed by its National Coordinator , Abdulaziz Haruna Idris and National Secretary, Bitrus Daniel Amuda, VGGQL said at a time of unprecedented challenge which has affected both developed and developing nations, government and the citizens await encouraging words from men and women of exemplary character and not unnecessary alarm.
The communique reads:”The coalition of youth groups from northern Nigeria under the umbrella of Newzandar News for Good Governance and Quality Leadership (VGGQL) wishes to express concern that Prof. Usman Yusuf is making uniformed statements about the management of Covid-19 in the country.
“Our coalition would like to recall that Prof. Usman Yusuf was Executive Secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), a position that afforded him the opportunity to improve the quality of primary healthcare in the country. But rather than provide quality service to the nation and earn an enviable place in history, Yusuf did nothing remarkable.
“He was first accused of fraud and related infractions to the tune of N919million. The then minister for health Isaac Adewale set up a ministerial panel which indicted him and recommended for his dismissal. But the minister suspended him. President Buhari later recalled him to the position.
“The Secretary to the Government of the Federation had to set up a new panel of inquiry which after investigations recommended his dismissal; and he was consequently removed by President Buhari in July 2019.
“ It is therefore unfortunate that he is criticizing other leaders who are doing their best to defeat the global challenge of coronavirus which is currently devastating communities in Europe, America and other developed countries of the world.
“It may not be farfetched to say that Prof. Yusuf, thinking that Nigerians have forgotten his recent history is seeking to draw the attention of Mr. President for a new appointment. We, therefore, urge Mr. President to ignore him.”
Among the groups that made up the coalition are Middle Belt Youths for Transparency in Government (MGTG); Watchdog for Progress of Northern Nigeria (WPNN); Progressive Youths of the North (PYN) and Arewa Boys for Inspirational Leadership (ABIL).
- See what is going on between BBNaija Prince and EricaOctober 25, 2020Former Big Brother Naija Housemates, Prince and Erica have got fans talking after a photo of the two from a video call hit the internet. ...[Read more]
- ENDSARS: Nigerians In Paris Stage Their Protest In Solidarity With Those At Home (+Photos)October 25, 2020The protest to see a conclusion to police brutalities looks positive and unabated in spite of the administration intrigues. So as to end it at home, ...[Read more]
- See Gorgeous Photos From Ex-BBNaija Housemate, Tolanibaj’s BirthdayOctober 25, 2020Previous Big Brother Naija housemate, Tolanibaj turned 27 5 days prior and denoted her birthday at a private gathering. Tragically, she was unable to ...[Read more]
- Fearless Ibrah Says Kennedy Agyapong Will Go Mad Or Commit Suicide Before 10th JanuaryOctober 25, 2020Ghanaian mogul Ibrahim Dauda prevalently known as Ibrah One is attempting to place himself into inconvenience again as he has begun another battle he ...[Read more]
- Bobrisky Says He Is Done With Makeup (+Photo)October 25, 2020Well known Nigerian crossdresser Bobrisky has guaranteed his fans to avoid cosmetics and serve them with his natural beauty. As per Bobrisky, he will ...[Read more]
- Man Calls Out Comedian Ebiye For Selling A Benz He Purchased From HimOctober 25, 2020A man @MrPsalms on Twitter, has accused Comedian Ebiye of selling the Benz he purchased from him using a loan and losing the cash to forex exchanging ...[Read more]
- Niger Delta militants roll out 11-point demandOctober 25, 2020WARRI-MILITANT groups from the nine conditions of the Niger Delta district, which pledged to continue threats, last Monday on the side of #EndSARS ...[Read more]
- Billionaire Business man, Femi Otedola Joins #ENDSARS ProtestOctober 25, 2020Business man, Femi Otedola has said that he is disheartened by the revulsions that have been unfurling in Nigeria. Otedola who made this known ...[Read more]
- Lawmaker SOB Agunbiade Reacts To The Inversion Of His Habitation By hoodlums, Who Trucked Away COVID-19 PalliativesOctober 25, 2020Leader of Lagos State House of Assembly, Sanai Agunbiade aka SOB, has responded to the inversion of his habitation by hoodlums, who trucked away ...[Read more]
- Singer Rudeboy lambast Nigerian leaders for hiding COVID-19 palliatives, Says The are Poor mentallyOctober 25, 2020Singer Paul Okoye (Rudeboy) has hammered Nigerian leaders following the revelation of concealed COVID-19 palliatives. After the peaceful protest was ...[Read more]