The 2020 presidential candidate of the Ghana Freedom Party (GFP), Madam Akua Donkor has stated emphatically that former President John Dramani Mahama’s failure to concede defeat in the 2020 general elections is just to create unnecessary tension in the country.
The 2020 flag bearer of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) John Dramani Mahama has failed to concede defeat after the declaration of Nana Akufo-Addo as President of Ghana by the Electoral Commission boss Jean Mensa.
He has filed a petition at the Supreme Court to contest the 2020 general elections presidential results calling for an annulment and a rerun
Speaking in an interview with Angel Drive hosted by Ike De Unpredictable on Kumasi-based Angel Fm monitored by MyNewsGh.com, the founder and leader of Ghana Freedom Party, Akua Donkor charged former President John Dramani Mahama to concede defeat since he lost the elections.
According to Akua Donkor, NDC supporters and executives should recognize President Akufo-Addo as the President of the Republic Ghana.
“Whether NDC likes it or not, Nana Akufo-Addo is the President of Ghana and nothing will change it. He has been sworn in as a president and all Ghanaians know he is our president. NDC supporters, executives and John Dramani Mahama should stop creating tension in Ghana and concede defeat” Akua Donkor said.
Commenting about NDC’s Supreme Court Petition, Akua Donkor said “NDC and John Dramani Mahama are in court just to deceive their supporters that they lost the 2020 general elections”.
“Now NDC and John Dramani Mahama are blaming EC boss Jean Mensah for their defeat. They have filed petition to Supreme Court which they know they lost the elections but after the Supreme Court ruling, they will come and blame Supreme Court judges all in the name of deceiving their supporters”.
- Ebonyi: Governor Umahi’s aide resigns ‘to save marriage’In NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Police arrest two women for allegedly pouring hot water on housemaidIn Local NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Police on Friday arraigned husband and wife, Asaolu Sheu (65) and Asaolu Jemilat (45), before an Ado-Ekiti Chief Magistrates’ Court over alleged ...[Read more]
- Stop wearing police uniform – Zamfara CP tells special constabulariesIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Bauchi to vaccinate six million people against yellow feverIn Health, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Two more people were injured in NYC on Revel scooters, lawsuits claimIn USAJanuary 15, 2021Two more people have come forward with claims they were injured while using mopeds from scooter-sharing service Revel, new court papers show. Jessica ...[Read more]
- Fani-Kayode mocks Buhari as pigeons refuse to fly during Armed Forces Remembrance dayIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to change Nigeria’s Service Chiefs. Wike said it was high time new ...[Read more]
- MTA paying ‘allowance’ to workers who get vaccinated for COVID-19In USAJanuary 15, 2021The COVID-19 vaccine comes with an extra reward for transit workers — four hours in bonus wages. Unionized MTA employees who get vaccinated will ...[Read more]
- Wike joins calls for Buhari to remove Service ChiefsIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Kaduna State Government said security operatives in the state have continued to strengthen the operational system against bandits in various ...[Read more]
- Armed Forces Day: Oby Ezekwesili reveals why pigeons refused to fly, mocks BuhariIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Kaduna State Government said security operatives in the state have continued to strengthen the operational system against bandits in various ...[Read more]
- Husband, wife in court over alleged possession of Indian hempIn Local NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Police on Friday arraigned husband and wife, Asaolu Sheu (65) and Asaolu Jemilat (45), before an Ado-Ekiti Chief Magistrates’ Court over alleged ...[Read more]