The Kaduna State Police Command has confirmed the arrest of 986 social distancing and lockdown violators across the state.
The state police commissioner, Umar Musa Muri made the announcement on Wednesday April 29. According to him, 48 religious leaders and beer parlour operators are among those arrested.
“It’s worthy to note that the command, in its bid to enforce the social distancing and lockdown orders imposed by Kaduna by the State government since 26 March, 2023, with a view to curbing the spread of COVID 19 pandemic in the state and environs, has arrested 986 violators across the State.
“Among which, 48 suspects who are mostly religious leaders and beer parlour operators, have been charged to court for prosecution.”
91 suspects were also arrested for various crimes ranging from banditry, armed robbery, kidnapping, culpable homicide, rape, shop breaking and theft. Weapons were recovered from some of the suspects, while others were neutralised during various operations carried out by the command.
- Coronavirus: 986 lockdown and social distancing violators arrested in Kaduna state
- Police arrest 986 for violating lockdown order in Kaduna
- FG vows to prosecute violators of social distancing order and use of face mask
- Akeredolu, Fayemi order arrest of face mask, social distancing violators
- West Village, Upper East Side, Astoria top NYC areas for social-distancing violators
- Lol. Lockdown violators sing the ‘Coronavirus song’ after arrest in Rivers state (video)
- Kaduna convicts 605 lockdown violators
- Kaduna Realises N1.9m From Lockdown Violators In 48-hrs
- 427 violators arrested in Anambra, Kaduna, Delta
- 2,310 violators of COVID-19 lockdown order arrested in Lagos