The number of confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States surpassed one million on Tuesday, April 28, 2023.
There are at least 1,029,179 cases of the virus across the US with 58,412 deaths, according to a tally from health officials by John Hopkins University.
The new figures also showed that about 140,138 people have recovered from Coronavirus.
New York City remains the hardest hit in the US with over 160, 000 cases of Coronavirus and 12, 509 deaths.
The grim milestone comes after seven coronavirus models anticipate a rise in cases that will depend on how much “contact reduction” Americans practice, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.
“State-level forecasts vary widely, reflecting differences in early epidemic phases, timing of interventions, and model-specific assumptions,” the CDC says.
”Models that factor in strong contact reduction suggest deaths will continue to occur, but will “slow substantially over the next four weeks,”
“Conversely, models that do not incorporate as strong contact reductions … suggest that total deaths may continue to rise quickly.” the CDC added
- Coronavirus cases in the United States surpass 1 millionÂ
- Nigeria’s COVID-19 cases surpass 29,000 as NCDC announces 575 new cases
- Coronavirus cases surpass 4 million worldwide
- Coronavirus cases worldwide surpass 4 million
- US coronavirus cases surpass 4 million
- Global coronavirus cases surpass 5 million
- Nigeria’s coronavirus cases surpass 47, 000
- US coronavirus cases surpass 3 million in grim milestone
- India struggles to contain coronavirus as cases surpass one million