The World Health Organization has declared that Coronavirus is far from over.
The warning came as countries, including Nigeria, begin to relax lockdowns.
WHO Director-General, Dr. Tedros Ghebreyesus, in a video on his Twitter handle, appealed that more work needs to be done.
He said that as cases decline in Europe, countries must ensure they trace, isolate and properly treat patients.
“The pandemic is far from over. I repeat, the pandemic is far from over,” Ghebreyesus said.
He expressed worry over the increasing rate of the pandemic in Africa, Eastern Europe, Latin America and Asia.
Ghebreyesus stated that the pandemic will only be defeated if countries are united in the fight.
“WHO continues to be concerned about the increasing trends in Africa, Eastern Europe, Latin America and some Asian countries.
“But I repeat, national unity is the foundation for global solidarity. That is what we will say every single day. This virus will not be defeated if we are not united,” he added.
- Gemini a ‘far, far better’ rapper than Sarkodie – Obibini explains why
- UK Coronavirus death toll âpasses 40,000â â by far the worst in Europe
- Terrifying superbugs far worse than coronavirus will soon ‘wipe out 10m people a year,’ scientists warn
- ‘It doesn’t come this far’: how rural South Africa views coronavirus
- Africa: French Far-Right Targets MP Over Plans to Ease Tax On Money Transfers to Africa
- Sense Is Far From You – Nollywood Actress Angela Okorie Dragged To The Gutters Over Comment On Chadwick’s Death
- PHOTOS: Full story of woman who travels around the world for sex and has bonked over 200 men so far
- âWe got youâ – Jordan Peele leads filmmakers assuring John Boyega his career is far from over following his speech at a Black Lives Matter protest
- NBA 2022 Elections: Over 13,000 lawyers have voted so far ― ECNBA
- N-Power: Over 3m applications received so far ― FG