Governor Nasir El-Rufai has raised an alarm over inter-state travel which according to him, is widening the spread of Coronavirus in Kaduna state.
The Kaduna state Governor disclosed that Coronavirus has been recorded in seven local government areas of Giwa, Igabi, Kaduna North, Kaduna South, Makarfi, Soba and Zari.
The state’s Standing Committee on COVID-19 who appealed for vigilance and active involvement of all citizens, said infections have now been recorded in some mainly rural local governments on the borders of the state, thereby increasing the danger of community transmission.
The statement shared on the official Twitter handle of Governor Nasir El-Rufai reads;
As at 7 May 2023, positive Covid-19 test results have been recorded from seven local government areas: Giwa, Igabi, Kaduna North, Kaduna South, Makarfi, Soba and Zaria. An overwhelming majority of Covid-19 cases in the state have travel history…
The consequence of such illegal travel is the widening spread of the virus into the state, and not just into the cities. Infections have now been recorded in some mainly rural local governments on the borders of the state, thereby increasing the danger of community transmission
The Standing Committee appeals for the vigilance and involvement of all citizens in the effort to avert this peril. Many citizens of Kaduna State have endured inconveniences and consistently complied with the restriction of movement, including the prohibition interstate movement
These sacrifices are being jeopardized by the actions of persons who violate the Quarantine Orders, and the misconduct of some law enforcement officers that have facilitated and indulged this grossly irresponsible pattern of interstate travel.
- Buhari Lifts Ban On Nationwide Inter-State Travels
- Fayemi seeks support of transport unions to curb inter-state travels
- COVID-19: Kwara imposes curfew, bars inter-LG travels
- COVID-19: Channel palliatives to rural communities – Enugu Diaspora Group
- Deep-red rural Ohio’s solar energy boom divides farming communities
- COVID-19: S’East group takes awareness campaign to rural communities
- Bauchi rural communities of water scarcity, high bills
- COVID-19: Akwa Ibom Govt enforces compulsory use of facemasks in rural communities
- Actress, Tonto Dikeh Empowers Vulnerable Widows And Single Mothers In Rural Communities
- 300 rural communities get electricity in Enugu