Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
By Olasunkanmi Akoni
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has said that there are 3,000 samples collected and awaiting testing.
The Governor, briefing the media at the 10th series of COVID-19 update in Marina, Lagos, said the State will be embarking on aggressive testing in community, noting that the Government had collected 3,000 samples that were yet to be tested due to global shortage of reagent used for molecular testing.
He said: “We have 3,000 samples collected but we have not been able to carry the test because of global shortage of reagent for molecular testing. We are hoping that some of the reagents will be supplied tomorrow and Tuesday.
“We made order for more reagents because of cases we have seen and it would not be out of place to see positive cases in the range of 20 per cent out of the 3,000 samples collected. We are improving the capacity of our isolation facilities in preparation to take care of more patients.
“We are hoping that some of the reagents will be supplied Monday and Tuesday. Once these 3,000 cases are taken care of, you might see up to 600 positive cases, but we are planning and preparing to take care of it. We are improving the capacity of our isolation facilities in preparation to take care of more patients.”
- 3,000 samples yet to be tested in Lagos over shortage of reagents – Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Lagos Ready To Domesticate AFCFTA Agreement- Sanwo-Olu
- COVID-19: A’Ibom PCR lab commences testing with 22 samples
- Akwa Ibom not testing enough COVID-19 samples – UUTH CMD
- A’Ibom lab commences testing with 22 samples
- Governor Sanwo-Olu is yet to turn in the camcorder Fashola found at Lekki tollgate to #EndSARS panel – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa
- Lagos State Governor, Sanwo-Olu Discloses Why Lagos Can’t Reopen Schools Immediately
- Nigeria’s covid-19 figures nears 3000 with 148 new cases
- 195 new cases pushes Nigeria’s covid-19 numbers past 3000
- Lagos Assembly asks Sanwo-Olu to account for COVID-19 donations