By Omeiza Ajayi – Abuja
The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has said those who attended the burial of the late Chief of Staff to the President, Malam Abba Kyari, have now completed their 14 days of isolation and have tested negative for COVID-19. Consequently, they have been reunited with their families.
Acting Secretary Health and Human Services Secretariat in the FCT, Dr Muhammed Kawu disclosed this in a statement Sunday in Abuja.
He said; “The Health and Human Services Secretariat of the FCT Administration, is happy to announce that the individuals exposed during the burial of late Chief of staff to the President, Malam Abba Kyari, have completed their 14 days of isolation.
“Tests were conducted on them and they have all tested negative to COVID 19. They have been reunited with their families”.
Kyari was buried on April 18 at the Gudu Cemetery in Abuja, but the event saw many government officials violating the social distancing measures of the federal government.
Consequently, both officials and journalists who attended the burial were sent on mandatory 14-day isolation.
Newzandar News recall that the Presidency had told State House media office staff and correspondents covering Aso Rock that attended the burial rite of the late Chief of Staff, Mallam Abba Kyari to stay away from the Presidential Villa for 14 days.
The respective journalists have been told to self-isolate themselves for two weeks as a precautionary measure.
- BREAKING: COVID-19: Attendees at Abba Kyari’s burial test negative
- COVID-19: Attendees at Abba Kyari’s burial test negative
- How Kyaris’ death changed permutations in Edo State
- Those who attended Abba Kyariâs burial tested negative for Coronavirus- FCT Administration discloses
- COVID-19: FCT reveals test results of people exposed at Abba Kyari’s burial
- Sturgis motorcycle rally attendees test positive for coronavirus
- UPDATED: Presidential aides, others at Kyari’s burial test negative
- BREAKING: Presidential aides, others at Kyari’s burial test negative
- Na’Abba tests negative for COVID-19, released from quarantine
- Gov Sanwo-Olu, wife test negative for COVID-19, as 10 at Government House test positive