Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, on Tuesday, briefed President Muhammadu Buhari on strategies being adopted in the state in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
Obaseki spoke with the president via a zoom meeting, where he also commiserated with the President on the passing of his Chief of Staff, Mallam Abba Kyari.
In a statement made available to reporters after meeting, Governor Obaseki said, “During the zoom meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari, I commiserated with him over the passing of his Chief of Staff, Mallam Abba Kyari,” he said.
“I also briefed him on Edo State Government’s strategy to combat COVID-19, which is being tweaked daily as we get more insights. We have set a target of testing and screening over 5000 and 500,000 persons respectively.
“I intimated the president on our strategies to reposition the state’s economy for a post-COVID-19 era, so that we can easily restart our economy and sustain our people’s livelihood.”
He said that during the virtual meeting, the President was also updated on the political situation in the state, as this is an election year in the State.
- COVID-19: Gov. Obaseki reveals details of meeting with President Buhari
- Edo Election: Details of Gen. Abubakar’s meeting with Gov Obaseki, others emerge
- Coronavirus: Details of Buhari’s meeting with Chinese President Xi, others revealed
- AfDB: Details of President Buhari’s meeting with Akinwumi Adesina emerge
- Insecurity: Details of President Buhari meeting with Osinbajo, northeast governors, security chiefs emerge
- Edo Election: Details of Oba of Benin’s meeting with Obaseki, Wike, others emerge
- Edo Guber: Gov Obaseki to reveal next move after meeting with Buhari
- Governor Obaseki resigns his membership from APC after meeting with President Buhari
- COVID-19: Details of Buhari’s meeting with Presidential Task Force revealed
- COVID-19: Details of meeting between Buhari, Nigerian governors emerge