Jigawa State Government has ordered lockdown of additional three local government councils for a period of one week after two samples returned positive.
Governor Badaru Abubakar disclosed this while briefing newsmen Tuesday night at the Government House.
The affected local government councils include Gumel, Birnin Kudu and Gujungu in Taura local Government Areas.
He explained that the lockdown would enable the task force on COVID-19 to identify primary and secondary contacts of the patients.
The Governor stated further that the lockdown will commence on Thursday, 30th April, 2022, by midnight.
Badaru also called on the communities to cooperate with the government in its efforts to curtail the spread of the pandemic.
Newzandar News reported that the Jigawa State government earlier ordered lockdown on Kazaure local government council following a case of COVID-19 in the area.
- COVID-19: Jigawa records two more cases, orders lockdown in 3 more LGAs
- COVID-19: Gov. Oyetola orders lockdown in 4 Osun LGAs
- COVID-19: Jigawa discharges 55 patients, records 15 more cases
- COVID-19: Jigawa discharges nine more patients, records six new cases
- COVID-19: More cases reported in seven LGAs in Kaduna
- COVID-19: Jigawa records 51 new coronavirus cases
- COVID-19: Jigawa govt records 51 new cases of coronavirus
- Jigawa records 51 new COVID-19 cases
- Akwa Ibom records 48 new cases of COVID-19 under two weeks, considers lockdown